Friday, January 20, 2012

Warm Winter Wishes

Hi there!  Hope your Friday has been great and you are ready to start on a fun weekend!  I'm popping in to share a card I made for a couple of challenges.  First, it's for a little contest going on over at the Digi Bells Blog to celebrate the release of a brand new Elisabeth Bell digital image called "Click".  You get to enter a card created with any Elisabeth Bell image (anything goes) to be entered to win the adorable new image.  I jumped all over it!  My card is also for this month's Belles 'n Whistles challenge which had a theme of "frosty winter".  Lastly, I am entering my card in the Simon Says Stamp challenge, which was a sketch challenge.

Here is the SSS sketch from Domi:


Here is my card for the challenges:

I flipped the sketch to horizontal for my card.  I started with a card base of SU Blue Bayou and layered with patterned papers from the Bo Bunny Snowfall 6x6 pad.  My cute EB image is from the Elisabeth Bell Digital Collection called Frosty The Snowman.  You can find it here.  I printed it on Cryogen White and colored it with Copics (E00, E000, E11, BG78, BG75, BG72, BG70, E37, E35, E33, E31, E27, E25, E23, W5, W3, W1).  I added a bit of ice glitter to their hats.  The sentiment is from Gina K. Designs Warm Winter Wishes. The doily was cut with the Cheery Lynn French Pastry Doily die.  I punched a few snowflakes with MS punches and added pearls to their centers.  Some stitched ribbon and a few buttons from my stash finished my card.

Thanks for stopping by to have a look!  Have a fantastic weekend and see you soon!
Photobucket

20 comments:

  1. Oh Carla - I just LOVE this!! The papers, the colors and the doily - so beautiful! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carla. Your card is gorgeous. The color combo, the colouring, the papers, all the details. Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so, so cute! Love the image, your papers and what a great color palette!
    Hugs,
    Marsha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok, Carla....one word...AMAZING!!! LOVE the colors on this fabulously colored card!!! You sure can ROCK the Copics, Sis!!!

    Love and hugs to you my DT Sistah <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cute is this card, beautiful coloring on the image.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WHAT a gorgeous card! LOVE THE COLORS AND YOUR LAYOUT!
    HUGS.
    marie

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh WOW stunning card!! Your coloring and the design with the colors are so stunning!!!!!!!!!!!
    Thanks for joining us at the E Bell Blog hop!
    hugs.......

    ReplyDelete
  8. Outstanding card.. As always your coloring is fantastic. Wonderful sketch and just love the card stock. The Cherrry lynn dolie is so pretty.
    Hugs, Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a sweet card Carla! I love the blues and browns...it really has a cozy feel to it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this snowman image and most adorable creation. Hope we get some snow this year...enough to build a snowman. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a sweet image. I just wish we had some snow here so I could actually do this myself. This is adorable Carla. I just love this.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Adorable card! I love that sweet image! Awesome job with the sketch!!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog!

    Hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a beautiful card.

    Thanks for joining us at the E. Bell Bloghop!

    Hugs,

    Sebrina

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card! Thanks for joining us at BnW challenges!

    Hugs,
    Iris

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is a gorgeous card!! Love the colours and your colouring is amazing!! Thanks for joining us at The Digi Bell's Hugsxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the paper and your coloring is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Stunning card and I do love the added doily paper. Thanks for joining the Belles N Whistles challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow Carla this is so special!!! Love the color combo and that Bo Bunny dp is soooo Pretty!!! Very very nice and thanks for joining us in The digi bells blog hop~~Good luck my friend :)
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh wow!! Such a gorgeous creation!! Your coloring is amazing!! Thanks for playing along with us over at the Belles n’ Whistles Challenge Blog ! Hope you will join us again and good luck!! Smiles and Hugs - *Vicki* ~ DT member

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla