Sunday, January 22, 2012

A Couple of Valentine's Day Cards

Hi there!  Have you had a good weekend?  We had some pretty yucky weather - severe storms, drizzle, fog - not so nice.  At least there were no power failures or damage here.  I know others weren't so lucky.  Anyway, I'm popping in to share a couple of Valentine's Day cards I made.  One was for the Just Us Girls Challenge #120 - a color challenge with pink, red and white.  The other was for the Corrosive Challenge #141 (I {Heart} You - use at least one heart on your card). 

Here is the color inspiration for the JUGS Challenge:


Here is my card:


I used a fun digi background paper that was a freebie from Create With TLC.  The subway art and sentiment are also from Create With TLC.  They were some of the goodies from the February Club.  I colored the letters on the sentiment with Copics.  A big pink satin bow and a few heart rhinestones finished my card.

Here is my card for the Corrosive Challenge:


This one was created with a bunch of the Valentine goodies from the February Club from Create With TLC.  I printed all the images on Cryogen White.  Some of the images already had a touch of red on them.  For the ones that didn't, I added it with my Copics.  Everything was distressed then sponged with Antique Linen Distress Ink to give an aged look.  I used a vintage red patterned paper but I'm not sure what it is as it was in my scrap bag.  A sheer ribbon bow and faceted pearl heart finished my card.

Thanks for stopping by!  I appreciate your visits!  Hope to see you soon!
Photobucket

14 comments:

  1. Carla, both of these are so cute....I love those images from TLC...I haven't used any of mine yet but now that I've seen yours I need to print them out, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carla, these are both beautiful! I adore the vintage one - all of those images are fabulous! I'm on a ticket kick so those really caught my eye! Thanks for joining us at The Corrosive Challenge! :)
    {hugs}
    Regan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous work sweetie, hugs pops x x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. both cards are gorgeous, love that color combo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are gorgeous Carla..Love the vintage images.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like these cards! I love the fun digi-paper you used, and I always like to add just a hint of color like you did. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love both of your cards. Great idea to work with the words on a card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I also love both cards. I am so glad to see you joining us over at the Corrosive Challenge. I love everything you do.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Carla
    Wat zijn het mooie kaarten, super.
    groetjes Bennarda (Ballie).

    http://balliescreationballie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your fun first card...so adorable! The second one is beautiful and I really like the touches of red on the images. Great valentines!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such gorgeous, gorgeous cards! Love all the text on the first one! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love that Subway art. It is so popular now. I would love a wall hanging like that. Very vintage on the second card. I am really liking vintage these days.. Weather here stinks too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the use of all the words! Thanks for playing in the JUGS challenge~

    ReplyDelete
  14. These cards are delicious! Thank you for playing with Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla