Monday, January 16, 2012

Timeless Tuesday #151 (and more)

Hi there!  Happy Monday!  I hope you've had a nice weekend!  It was a 3-day holiday weekend here in the US, so it was kind of a busy one for me.  I didn't have much time in the craft room, but I did manage to finish a card I was making for two challenges I like to do: Flourishes Timeless Tuesday #151 (photo inspiration) and The Paper Players #78 (color challenge).

Here is the photo inspiration for the Timeless Tuesday Challenge:


And here is the color inspiration for The Paper Player's Challenge:



Here is my card for the two challenges:


Lucky for me, the colors were very similar for both, so I went with the colors as my inspiration from the Timeless Tuesday photo.  I started with a card base of GKD Heavy Base Weight White which I cut with my Spellbinders Labels One Grand Nestabilities in the Grand Calibur.    I cut a smaller panel of Cryogen White Iridescent with the largest of the regular Labels One Nesties.  I cut a third panel first with the Cheery Lynn FRM15 Lattice #2 die then the same Spellbinders Labels One die so I could layer the lattice over the Labels One diecut.  I stamped the crocus from Flourishes A Year in Flowers 1 set twice with Memento Tuxedo Black onto Cryogen White and colored both flowers with Copics (YG25, YG23, YG21, G21, G20, R14, R22, R20, R00).  I cut out the whole image from one and just the flowers from the other.  The flowers were popped up on foam tape over the base image to add dimension.  I cut a flourish from SU Pear Pizzazz with the Cheery Lynn Tropical Flourish die and layered it on the lattice. The crocus image was popped up on the flourish.  A soft pink May Arts silk bow finished my card.

Thanks for stopping by!  I appreciate your visits and hope to see you again soon!
Photobucket

25 comments:

  1. Carla this is gorgeous! I love those colors....thanks for your sweet comments!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOOOOO this is sooooo GORGEOUS Carla, I LOVE all the white!!! BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carla, this looks GORGEOUS! I love the lattice over your layer and the swirls added to the tulips. Simply beautiful!
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh My Stars!!!!! Girl this is jaw dropping, eye popping gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card, Carla! I like that you used the lattice die and you did some awesome cutting. Love the softness of your card with the yummy pink.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Still trying to post! Another beautiful pink/white card Carla!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card Carla! So soft and serene! Thanks for joining along with FTTC :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful Carla. This would be a great Easter or mother's day card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh so gorgeous!!!! I adore the embossing and how soft everything is.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Carla, all I can say is WOW! Your beautifully shaded flowers just pop off that clean background. Fabulous bow, too! Thanks so much for joining us this week at the Paper Players! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is gorgeous, Carla! Nice soft colors and I love square cards too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just a stunning card, and your paper cutting skills are amazing!! I salute you as you cut all those skinny little leaf shafts LOL!! Beautifully colored as well.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely gorgeous! So reminds me of Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stunning...how have I missed this lattice die??? Love the flowers and that bow is fabulous! Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What FANTABULOUS craftiness you have created, Carla! Love everything! Thanks for you sweet words!
    Hugz,
    Roxann

    ReplyDelete
  16. wow Carla what a stunningly beautiful card and I have major ribbon envy too
    Mina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Good golly Miss Molly, this is a stunning card! Just beautiful! I love that lattice, and of course, the floral image is perfect! Thanks for playing with the Paper Players and using my colors this week!

    ReplyDelete
  18. beautiful card and I have to say beautiful new profile photo too.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow (I'm repeating myself). Another stunning card!

    ReplyDelete
  20. A gorgeous card Carla. I love that lattice and the colour combination is beautiful.
    Tracey
    x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous flowers and I love how they pop against all the white...love the garden lattice too! Thank you for playing along with us at The Paper PLayers!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla