Thursday, January 12, 2012

Mo's DP2 Challenge #117 - Clean & Simple

Good morning!  It's Thursday and time for another Mo's Challenge!  We've got a really fun one for you this week!  The theme is "clean & simple".  Not a style I use that often, but that's what makes it a challenge, yes? 

Here is my card:


I started with a card base of GKD Heavy Base Weight White cardstock. I embossed a layer of GKD Layering Weight White with the SU Tulip Frame embossing folder and added it to the card base.  My Mo's image is called Married.  It can be found in Mo's new store here.  I printed it on Cryogen White and colored it with Copics.  I added a bit of Star Dust Stickles to her dress, veil and shoes then matted the image with some iridescent blue cardstock from my stash.  A triple-loop bow of satin-rimmed white organza and a Webster's Pages Sparkler finished my CAS card.

My card is also for this week's Paper Player's Challenge #77, where the theme was - "all you need is love".

Thanks for stopping by!  Be sure to head on over to the Mo's DP2 Challenge blog and check out the always amazing creations from the rest of the DT!  After that, why not grab your favorite Mo's image and play along with us?  We look forward to seeing your fabulous creations!
Photobucket

25 comments:

  1. Carla, this is adorable....I hope to get a chance to play later today. I love CAS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carla, this is GORGEOUS!!!!! I love the white embossed background with a touch of blue. Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Great job Carla. I find that clean and simple are hard to do and you did a great job.
    Hugs, Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOOOO this is a beauty Carla, I LOVE LOVE all the white makes that image pop...GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous Carla, love the embossing, CAS cards are so hard to do, it's a struggle for all of us, but I think you nailed it!!!
    Hugs
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous wedding card!! Love the embossed white and the image is wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it! Great colouring. Thanks for joining us at the Paper Players.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really nice card - I love the embossed paper and that gorgeous ribbon and bow. Your coloring with this looks fantastic!!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Carla...this card is stunning in its simplicity! I love the embossing...and, of course, Mo's image is so dang cute! Love the bow and button thingie!!Love it, sistah!! Hugs. Pat Frank

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Carla...this card is stunning in its simplicity! I love the embossing...and, of course, Mo's image is so dang cute! Love the bow and button thingie!!Love it, sistah!! Hugs. Pat Frank

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful card, Carla! Love all the white with the pop of blue. And fantastic embossin! Totally cute stamp too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh how pretty! Love the embossing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG what a cute card!!!
    I can tell I hadn't popped into Mo's for a bit -Congradulations on being on their DT!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMG what a cute card!!!
    I can tell I hadn't popped into Mo's for a bit -Congradulations on being on their DT!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous card, Carla. It brought a huge smile to my face. I love that you kept it clean and simple but added the fabulous elements.
    So glad you shared it with the Paper Players this week
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous card! I love the clean and simple layout! The bow is gorgeous! Thanks for playing with The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful card and a great job on your CAS card, Carla. Love that image and your ribbon finished it off perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  18. absolutely beautiful, clean and simple card, Carla, I love it! I've made a few cards using this image, it's so gorgeous!
    hugs, Alina

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a fun card! Your shading is gorgeous! I really like the clean and simple layout and that fabulous bow. Thanks so much for joining us this week at the Paper Players! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Carla, your CAS is perfect. I love the WOW and this is a perfect example of both.

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is so pretty my friend. What a great idea to use this image. Your CAS is perfect for the challenge. Still freezing here. Come visit me soon. I miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love this, Carla! What a perfect image you chose for a CAS card...there's so much life and movement in it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla