Saturday, January 7, 2012

Invisible Crown

Hi there!  Yes, it's me again!  I'm back with a super quick post to share the card I made for the current Aud Sentiments Challenge #45 which was to use any sentiment and to use scraps on your card.  Paulette from Create With TLC generously provided a great sentiment as a freebie on the challenge blog that could be used for the challenge, if desired.  As soon as I saw the sentiment, I knew exactly what image I wanted to use with it! 

Here is my card for the challenge:


Except for the card base, all of my cardstock (GKD Bubblegum Pink and SU Certainly Celery) and patterned paper (K & Co. Madeline) came from my scrap bag.  I even had the image printed out and in my "to be colored someday" pile. I thought this adorable image from Mo's Digital Pencil worked perfectly with Paulette's sentiment.  She is called Diva and she can be found in Mo's store here.  I printed her on Cryogen White and colored her with Copics.  I added some Polar White Flower Soft to her feather boa and some Stickles and Viva Decor Ice White Pearl Pen accents to her jewelry and shoes.  I picked up the sentiment from the Aud Sentiments challenge, but it is also available as part of a word art set in the Create With TLC store here.    OK, that's it for me today!

Thanks for stopping by again!  Enjoy the rest of your weekend!
Photobucket

17 comments:

  1. beautiful Carla! wonderful image for this sentiment!
    hugs,
    Maria
    Aud-dt

    ReplyDelete
  2. don't these match up great!!!! Your card is as awesome as always!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty card. Thanks for visiting my blog. Was away for a while as my husband had surgery- all is well and I am looking forward to getting back to the blog world.

    Love the colors of your image!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Carla, love this image!
    Clairexx

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW Carla this is GORGEOUS, I LOVE LOVE your coloring of these darling image!!!! LOVE that sentiment just perfect for this cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Carla what a beautiful card!!! I love the sentiment and wowzers your coloring is out of this world!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a beauty.
    Love the soft colours.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous and that image is perfect for Paulette's sentiment!! Love that color combo and her boa looks so real and fluffy :) ~hugs

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Carla - your card is very pretty! That sentiment was a perfect accent along with the beautiful colors! I love that K&Co paper - the Madeline collection is one of my favorites! xo

    -pamela :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great job. I have that image and have now colored her yet.. I just love her, love the colors you used and her rap love what you did, it almost looks like feathers but not sure.
    Hugs, Pat

    ReplyDelete
  11. love your card. The flower soft made that boa just pop. Your coloring, and the DP just made it come together perfectly. Thanks for the link to Create with TLC. I just spent $$$.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so pretty Carla. Love your beautiful coloring on her and she is such a cute image. Love your card.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love that sentiment with the chosen image. Your card is just so adorable, Carla.

    It has rained here all weekend...lots. I think maybe you had a nicer day yesterday than us more north. Hope so.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wowzer, I just love this Carla! This is such a cute image and your colors are gorgeous!
    Hugs,
    Marsha

    ReplyDelete
  15. I agree, that is the perfect image for that sentiment. So glad you joined us at Aud Sentiments
    Hugs,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  16. You used the sentiment beautifully - you paired it perfectly with Mo's digi stamp! Love it!!! Thanks so much for playing along with us for our "Use Your Scraps" challenge at Aud Sentiments. Good Luck and I hope you'll be able to join us for our new challenge on the 19th!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla