Thursday, January 5, 2012

Mo's DP2 Challenge #116 - Anything Goes

Good morning!  It's Thursday and you now that means it's time for this week's Mo's DP2 Challenge!  Of course, I am especially excited this week because it's my first post as a member of the Mo's Challenge DT! I am still pinching myself to be sure I'm not dreaming!! The excitement of having been invited to join Mo's team has definitely not worn off yet - lol!  Anyway, this week's theme is "anything goes".  Easy peasy, right?

Here is my card for the challenge:


A close-up of the image:


I decided to use the layout from Sketch Saturday #188 for my card.  I started with a card base of Sage Shadow and layered with patterned papers from the My Mind's Eye Lost & Found Market Street 6x6 pad.  My sweet Mo's image is called Kisses.  She can be found in Mo's store here.  I printed her on Cryogen White and colored her with my Copics.  The sentiment is from an old SU set, Short & Sweet.  Some sheer ribbon and a Wild Orchid Crafts rose finished my card.

Copic colors:
Skin: E000, E00, E11, R20
Dress & Shoes: G00, G20, BG11, BG10 
Sash: R22, R20, R00
Flowers & Leaves: R22, R20, R00, YG95, YG93, YG00, G20, G00, BG10

And here is the sketch I worked from: 


Thanks for stopping by!  Be sure to visit the Mo's DP2 Challenge blog and check out the gorgeous samples from the rest of the DT!  We hope you will be inspired to play along with us!  Why not pull out your favorite Mo's image and give it a go!

See you soon!
Photobucket

19 comments:

  1. Carla, this is just adorable...I love that image (as I do all of Mo's digis, lol). I can only imagine how exciting it is to be asked to join Mo's DT! Congratulations...you are sure deserving of the honor!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love it, gotta print some out and enter this one, anything goes is easy enough!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats for Mo's and you!! You have always made me want Mo's images with your beautiful cards. I love each and every one. This is so adorable. Your coloring just gets better and better, so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey sweetie and welcome to the team; no idea why you are so surprised, I have the feeling you've been with us all along:) Your cards are delightful and this one is no exception; love the soft look and this image simply makes my heart melt. Really adorable!
    Happy New Year and all the best to you and your loved ones!
    Hugs, Iulia

    ReplyDelete
  5. So very pretty and sweet! Nice sketch, too. You'll do wonderful things for Mo's, no doubt there.
    BTW, I like your new photo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Carla, congrats on the DT assignment - it is perfect for you! Your cards are beautiful and your coloring is just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Carla!
    This card is proof that you are where you are meant to be. :) We're sooo glad to have you join the DT. THis card is simply gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. it's such a beautiful card, Carla, I love this colour combination! and your colouring is awesome! thank you so much for all your lovely comments!
    hugs, Alina

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a precious image. I check Mo's blog often and seem to miss half the images I see everywhere else. This is one I have to have. This card is beautiful and made perfect with the beautiful bg papers and design.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awww she is so kissy.. hehe. I love this image. It reminds me of my daughter when she was that age. Now all she kisses are boys. Great job. I love your soft colors. I forgot to tell you (I think) thank you for the happy mail. I meant to post that on your last card. She is sitting on my kitchen window sill. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great way to start off the new year.
    Welcome to our team you will love it, I am so glad it's now official. Love the card you designed.

    Hugs
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Adorable card!!! I'm so excited to be on the TLC Design Team and I'm looking forward to working along side you!
    audrey

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Carla this is soooooo cute! Congrats on being on the Mo's team! You've been rocking these images and this one is so sweet! I love the soft colors!!! I miss sage shadow... it was one of my faves! BEAUTIFUL card my friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. this is just adorable!
    wishing you super huge congrats on the two new DT's...looking forward to seeing your creations!
    hugs
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOVE this Carla, you've coloured her beautifully. Congrats on the DT position...well deserved :)
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Carla, this is just beautiful GF. The colors are so wonderful together. I have so much trouble stayhing soft LOL. Your layout and embellishments are perfect. Welcome to the DT, it will be so much fun to be working beside you this year :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a cutie card... You did a stunning job on her. Wonderful colors. I so happy you made it on Mo's dt, Congratulation!
    hug, Pat

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Carla...I hope you never get over the excitement of being on Mo's team!! We are just as thrilled as can be that you've joined us!! So...no more pinching...you'll get bruises! hehehe!! Your card is absolutely gorgeous! I love the DPs and ribbon...and this Mo image is so stinkin' cute! Your coloring is beautimous!!! Tell me...where did you get that sentiment??? Hugs. Pat Frank

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely card, great colors and details.
    Thanks for joining us at Sketch Saturday this week.
    Hugs, Bente

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla