Friday, January 13, 2012

Card For a Couple of Challenges

Hi again!  I'm back with another quick post because I am going to be busy the rest of the day and I knew I wouldn't get another chance to share a card I made for a few challenges I like to do when I can.  My card is for Sweet Sketch Wednesday #136-73, Craft Your Passion Challenge #92 (mythical creatures) and the Simon Says Stamp Challenge (spots &/or stripes). 

Here is the SSW sketch:


Here is my card for the challenges:

I started with a card base of Papertrey Spring Moss and layered with patterned papers from the Pink Paislee Butterfly Garden 6x6 pad.  The papers had both spots and stripes.  My wonderful image is called Silver Fairy.  She is one of the Wee Stamps by Sylvia Zet.  She can be found as a digi here.  I printed her on Cryogen White Iridescent and colored her with Copic markers. It's hard to see in the photo, but I added a bit of sparkle here and there with Stickles and Spica pens.  I kept my embellishments very simple so the image would be the focal point. I just added some Spring Moss ribbon and two Wild Orchid Crafts roses and that was it. 
Thanks for stopping by again!  There is lots going on for the weekend - a StampTV Center Stage Alumni Blog Hop tonight and the Create With TLC DT Blog Hop tomorrow (January 14, 8:30 AM PST). Hope you'll pop back for both! 
Photobucket

17 comments:

  1. Sooooooooooo cute, Carla! Very shabby chic, too I think...cute, cute image!

    ReplyDelete
  2. absolutley gorgoeus, love the details and layers!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beauty! Thanks for joining us at SSW!
    Judi SSW DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOOOOO Beautiful Carla, your coloring is GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhhh.....
    This is just beautiful! Fantastic coloring and you used the perfect papers. Thank you for joining us at Sweet Sketch Wednesdays.
    Hugs, Heide SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness but this is stunning!!! Love your image and your wonderful coloring! Thanks for joining us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just couldn't be any sweeter than this. The paper is just so perfect for this adorable image. Love the little roses.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am loving this card. It is stunning. You have colored it to perfection. Thanks for joining us.
    Nancy SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely card.
    Thanks for joining in the SimonSaysChallenge this week.

    Domi

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your card is totally stunning and you have coloured your card to perfection and I don't give that complement very often!!!! It looks amazing and I just adore your colours and your pretty design paper and embellishments. I would love to know what colour copic's you used on her dress there such pretty greens? Great card and thanks so much for joining us this week at Sweet Sketch Wednesday and good luck.
    Hugs
    Kathie SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous image and the perfect papers to match! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

    Peace & Luv,
    Jeannie

    ReplyDelete
  12. She is so beautiful Carla...love your colouring and the whole card layout, papers, etc is gorgeous :)
    Was going to leave a comment for the bloghop but there's 93 already lol. (You'll be calendared out by the end of the year!!)
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh what a beautiful card. Love your sweet coloring. Your image is so fun
    Have a sweet day. Arlana@ssw!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Carla, as you can tell I am behind in visiting, I love this card so much. You have used some of my all time favorite papers and this image is so beautiful and beautifully colored! Wonderful job with the sketch this week at Sweet Sketch Wednesday, thanks for sharing.

    Patti SSW/DT

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wowzers this is a real beauty! Your coloring of that gorgeous image is spectacular and your papers are so lovely. A really perfect card! Thanks for joining us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday!
    Sharon, SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is beautiful! Congrats on winning the SSW grand prize!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous card with Wee Silver Fairy! Beautifully coloured!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla