Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Missing You in Alabama

Good morning!  Phew!  It's been a busy week so far and it appears to be continuing!  Sorry I haven't been blogging as much this week.  I hope to catch up and visit everyone later in the week.  Right now, I have a quick post to share another card I made with Melanie Muenchinger's gorgeous Stately Flowers 2 stamp set.  I am finding so many uses for the beautiful florals and great sentiments in this set!  This time I did a simple "missing you" card.  I miss so many of my friends since I moved to Alabama!

Here is my card that Melanie posted on her blog:


I started with an A6 card base of GKD  Pure Luxury Green Apple and layered with Bubblegum Pink and patterned paper from the Basic Grey Sweet Threads collection.  I stamped the US map from Melanie's Make A State-ment set with Versamark and Memento Bamboo Leaves onto Cryogen White and heat embossed with clear embossing powder.  I stamped the top sentiment, also from Make A State-ment with Versamark and Angel Pink and embossed with clear EP.  The Alabama on the bottom is from Stately Flowers 2.  I added a little pearl heart over Alabama on the map.  I stamped the small camellia from Stately Flowers 2 and colored it with Copics.  It was cut out and popped up on foam tape.  A satin bow and another pink pearl heart finished my simple card.

Thanks for stopping by and thanks, Melanie, for posting another of my cards!  I hope to be around a little later on to visit your blogs!
Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. Carla, this is beautiful. I have some of her floral sets and they are all beautiful. Your card is pretty awesome with the US on it too. I love everything about this card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGosh Carla...I love this! Does she make one with N.C.? I am loving that design!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Carla! Love the coloring on the camellia and the pink heart pearl. Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutley beautiful!!!!! I got the first set she did, gorgoeus, I'm waiting now for VA & NC

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome card, Carla! Those are some great sets you used. I really need them. When you visit me, let me know where you moved from to our Sweet Home Alabama state. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla