Friday, January 6, 2012

Copic/Promarker Challenge - The Outlawz (and More)

Good morning!  Happy Friday! Are you looking forward to the weekend like I am?  Hope you have something fun planned!  I'm here bright and early to share my DT card for this week's Copic/Promarker Challenge on The Outlawz site.  This week, the theme is "monochromatic/vintage coloring".  My card is also for this week's Craft Your Passion Challenge #91 (anything goes + distressing) and Challenge #17 at Through The Craftroom Door Challenge Blog (monochromatic).

Here is my card:


I started with a card base of SU Blue Bayou and layered with monotone papers from the My Mind's Eye Lost & Found Portobello 6x6 pad.  I saw a similar sketch somewhere, but I can't remember where I saw it.  If you recognize it, let me know and I'll link it.  My sweet image is Jack & Ginger from Mo's Digital Pencil.  You can find it in Mo's store here.  I printed it on Cryogen White and colored in monochromatic colors with my Copics.  I did a bunch of distressing around all the panels.  I cut out the banner from the patterned paper and added it to the top of the card.  A bit of crocheted lace trim finished my vintage card.

Thanks for stopping by! Be sure to visit the Copic/Promarker Challenge thread and feast your eyes on the gorgeous creations from my amazingly talented teammies and our wonderful Guest Designer for January, Linda Palmer!  We hope you'll be inspired to pull out your Copics and join in on the challenge.  As always, there are some great prizes up for grabs!

Have a great day and hope to see you soon!
Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. Carla this is just beautiful. I love this image, it touches my heart, and you surrounded it with so much softness and tender colors. Magnificient monochromatic theme. Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This image is so sweet and you have done an amazing job with it. Your coloring is awesome. Thanks for sharing it with us at Craft Your Passion. I hope to see more from you again soon.

    Hugs,
    Jodi

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are on a roll my friend. This colors is wonderful and I love the image, layout, and of course you coloring.
    Hugs, Pat

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, la, la...Carla, this monochrome card is fabulous. Love the vintage look and your colors and coloring are outstanding.

    ReplyDelete
  5. GORGEOUS card Carla!!! Your coloring is STUNNING!!! I am really loving the colors you used. The image makes me smile :)

    Congrats on your new DT positions!!! No doubt, you are going to ROCK their world!!!!

    Love and Hugs to you my DT Sistah <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome card, Girlfriend. Love this image. Reminds me of me and my hubby in about 20 years...LOL Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion Challenge this week.
    Hugz,
    Cathy Lee

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely Carla! This darlin couple is beautiful in blue. Love your vintage design and that gorgeous lace. Olga also used this image, you gals must be on the same wavelength.
    Hugs,
    Marsha

    ReplyDelete
  8. Carla, this is beautiful, always loves this image, it is just so sweet. Thank you for joining us at TTCRD Challenges.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla