Friday, January 13, 2012

Copic/Promarker Challenge - The Outlawz

Good morning!  Happy Friday!  I sure am looking forward to the long weekend!  Our temps have taken a nose dive here, so it's going to be a chilly one.  That's OK, though.  I've got lots to do inside.  Right now, I'm here to share my DT card for this week's Copic/Promarker Challenge on The Outlawz site.  We have a color challenge this week - blue, aqua, turquoise and sand - with an optional theme of seaside/coastal.   I know I'm dreaming of a warm, sunny beach somewhere right about now - lol!

Here is my card:

I tried to incorporate all the colors and the theme, too.  I started with a card base of SU Blue Bayou and layered with patterned papers from the Bo Bunny Paradise collection.  I merged a few Mo Manning images from Beach Elements 1 and Little Umbrella.  You can find them both in Mo's store here.  I printed the merged image on Cryogen White Iridescent and colored all but the sky with Copics markers.  I sponged the cloudy sky with Memento Summer Sky.  I added some Stickles to the waves, her sandals and her drink.  I added Glossy Accents to the water bottles near her beach bag and her glasses.  A bit of wide lace, that looked a little like fish netting to me, finished my card.

Thanks for stopping by!  Be sure to visit the Copic/Promarker Challenge and check out the fabulous creations from my awesome DT sistahs and our very talented January GD, Linda.  We hope you'll be inspired to play along with us this week.  As always, there are some great prizes up for grabs when you enter the challenges at The Outlawz!

Have a great day and see you later on tonight for another StampTV Center Stage Alumni Blog Hop!
Photobucket

9 comments:

  1. Love the beach scene....great clouds! Perfect images for this scene.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could go for a warm toasty beach right now! Great card, Carla!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you, Carla...ready for the beach! This is gorgeous as always....love that image!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carla- This is one of my favorite color combos. Your card is breathtaking-love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE this card! I didn't even know Mo's had Beach Elements. LOL, now I will have to go shop!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful card! I love the papers and colors you chose.
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card. Love your beach scene. Beautiful coloring and I really love this card. It is my favorite of all the DT cards over on the Outlawz challenge blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute card, Carla. Love the colors and a fun image for summer. Just wish our weather was more like this scene. LOL
    Hugz,
    Cathy Lee

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh, take me away to this place. I love this card and I'm thinking you are the 'queen of merging images'. It has been so cold here today and I'm looking forward to some warmer temps...say, in the 40's. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla