Sunday, January 8, 2012

Card For a Few Challenges

Hello!  Have you had a good weekend?  It was relatively quiet here and I even managed to get in a little crafting time.  I made a card for a few challenges I like to do.  I combined them this time because I wasn't sure I'd get to them all otherwise and I hated to miss out.  My card is for the January Sketch For You To Try on Jen Del Muro's blog, Elisabeth Bell's World December/January Challenge (Tic Tac Toe), 7 Kids College Fund Challenge #38 (try something new), Basic Grey Challenge #60 (something new) and the Corrosive Challenge #140 (use something brand new).  There were a lot of similar themes so it was easy to put them together.

Here is the January SFYTT:


Here is my card for the challenges:


I started with a 5 x 7 card base of SU Certainly Celery and layered with Almost Amethyst and patterned paper from the Basic Grey Sugar Rush 6x6 pad.  My main "something new" (and still unused) item was my new Elisabeth Bell Belles 'n Whistles stamp, Patches 'n Braids.  It can be found in the 7 Kids store here.  I stamped her on Cryogen White with Memento Tuxedo Black and colored her with Copic markers.  I added a bit of Stickles here and there for some sparkle. The image was cut out and matted with Spellbinders Petite Ovals Nestabilities. For the Elisabeth Bell's World challenge, I chose Column A of the tic tac toe - flowers, lace and pearls.  I added some new flowers with pearls that I picked up in the $1 bin at Michael's yesterday.  A bit of crocheted lace and some adhesive pearls finished my card.  Phew!  I think I covered everything!

Thanks for stopping by!  Enjoy what's left of your weekend and I will see you tomorrow!
Photobucket

19 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Carla. Love the pastels, so pretty and so refreshing after all the Christmas colors. Beautiful layout, beautiful coloring and beautiful embellishments. Love this one. Thanks for joining us over at the Corrosive Challenge Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carla, this is gorgeous! I don't have any of the Belles & Whistles stamps...I definitely need to put that on my wish list, lol! The image is beautiful and of course, beautifully colored. You are an coloring artist!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely precious!! Love the softness to it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another beauty my friend! Love that image!

    ReplyDelete
  5. absolutley gorgeous, LOVE that image!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I JUST LOVE THE COLORS
    BRIGHT AND SPRINGY

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just precious, Carla. Love the pretty details and paper. Of course, you did a great job coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card! I love the gorgeous colors. Thank you for joining us at 7 Kids College Fund Challenge!

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awhh I just love Patches 'n Braids!!! So serenne and sweet!!! Great color combo!!! Thanks for joining us at EBWorld!!!
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute card. Thanks for joining us for challenge #140 at the Corrosive Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's Beautiful! I love the soft colors you chose. So glad you joined in the challenge.
    Debra DT for The Corrosive Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  12. A beautiful card, Thank you so much for entering our challenge at Basic Grey this fortnight, good luck & hope you’ll join us again!
    Hugz Fleur xXx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very cute card!! I love the DP's with this image..

    Thanks for sharing your creativeness with us at the EBWCB this month!
    hugs.....

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow Carla, such a sweet and pretty card.

    Thanks for join us at EBWorld challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your pretty card. The spring colours work perfect with this image.
    Thanks for joining us at Elisabeth Bells World Challenge.

    Hugs
    Penni
    X

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very pretty card!!

    Thank you for joining us over at The Elisabeth Bell World Challenge!

    Hugs,
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a pretty card ;o)
    Thank you for joining us at the Elisabeth Bell's World Challenge blog last month.

    Janneke XO

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is just precious, Carla! Your coloring is amazing! Great take on the SFYTT!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla