Thursday, January 5, 2012

Happiness

Hi there!  I'm back with another quick post today to share my first DT card for Create With TLC.   My card is also for this week's challenge at The Play Date Cafe #113 (juniper, mint and vanilla) and the first challenge at the brand new The Crafter's Cafe Challenge (new year/new beginnings). 

Here is the PDCC Color Story:


Here is my card:


My interpretation of "new year/new beginnings" for The Crafter's Cafe Challenge is that this is my first card for a new design team in a new year.  I started with a card base of SU Soft Sky and layered with Sage Shadow and patterned papers from the My Mind's Eye Lost & Found Portobello 6x6 pad.  My image is a digi from the new Words To Live By Set by Create With TLC.  It can be found in Paulette's store here.  I printed it on Cryogen White and colored with it with Copic markers.  I sponged around the edges with Antique Linen Distress Ink to age it a little.  The image is matted with a Spellbinders Lacey Squares diecut.  I added lots of ivory pearls and a triple-loop bow of dyed seam binding to finish my card.

Thanks, as always, for visiting my blog!  I really appreciate it!  I'll be back bright and early tomorrow morning with my DT card for the Copic/Promarker Challenge on The Outlawz site.  Hope to see you then!
Photobucket

12 comments:

  1. Wow, this is so beautiful!! I love your pearl details!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful color chalenge and you made a beautiful card, with all these layers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carla, this is beautiful...I love the soft, dreamy colors! Perfection for sure!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super card, Carla. I love that image...one you don't see everyday. And, those Play Date Cafe colors are just gorgeous this week. Good job all around!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all the pearls...I would love for you to link up with my new card making meme, 52 Card Pickup here...http://www.oldbackporch.com/2012/01/52-card-pickup-week-1.html!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You going to be a busy girl but happy for you. Congratulations on making it on TLC dt also. Great idea on how you did the layout and love the colors.
    Hugs, Pat

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful Card! Love the colors and the bling. Thanks for joinig The Crafter's Cafe. Hugs, Julia-DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely colors and very elegant card.thanks for joining us at The crafter's cafe

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW!!!!! Simply stunning! :) Thanks for playing along with us at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! I'm in awe, Carla! That sentiment piece is extremely eye-catching, and your whole card just oozes elegance! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla