Saturday, January 28, 2012

A Couple of Cards

Hi there!  Hope you're having a good weekend so far!  Things have finally calmed down a little and I was able to complete a couple of cards I was working on.   I hope I'll gradually get caught up on all my cards and on visiting your blogs.  I am getting there!

My first card is for Aud Sentiments Challenge #46 where the theme was "love".  Paulette from Create With TLC generously offered a freebie love sentiment on the Aud Sentiments Challenge Blog that we could use for our creation.  It was so cute, I decided to use it for my card.


I started with a card base of GKD Black Onyx and layered with patterned paper from the My Mind's Eye Lost & Found Two Sunshine 6x6 pad.  I used Paulette's freebie (If Love Were A Movie...) and also a couple of tickets from Create With TLC that Paulette shared as part of the February Club.  The popcorn box is from DRS Designs.  I did a little coloring with Copics and added a bit of Stickles to the salt on the popcorn.  A stitched ribbon bow finished my card.

I created a second card for the Create With TLC DT using a sentiment from a new set called Women Equal Strength which can be found in the Create With TLC store.  I thought it paired perfectly with this wonderful digi image from Robert Jackson called She's Fierce.  It can be found on Robert's site here.  I was very lucky to have won a couple of his fantastic images during my friend Chana's blog contest.


I started with a card base of GKD Black Onyx and layered with SU Pool Party and patterned paper from the Kaisercraft Chapter One 6.5 x 6.5 pad.  I colored the image with Copic markers and added some Star Dust Stickles, Glossy Accents and adhesive pearls to her outfit and shoes for a little extra detail.  A pearl and rhinestone flourish, a sheer ribbon bow and a Webster's Pages Sparkler with an added pearl finished my second card.  I'm entering this in this week's Simon Says Stamp Challenge, too.  It was "anything goes" this time.

Thanks for stopping by!  Have a great rest of the weekend and hope to see you again soon!
Photobucket

9 comments:

  1. Both cards are gorgeous....love your coloring on the She's Fierce image!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovin' the color scheme on both and all the fabulous details that is so your signature! Both gorgeous cards Carla! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you for joining in with aud sentiments, I love the card you've made for our challenge - great use of the sentiment! thought your other card was wonderful too xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your first card is great fun and love the sentiment. Now, that's an ooh, la, la on the second one. Love them both!

    Out of town all yesterday but it was so super to see the sun shine for a change. And, the daffodils are blooming. No one told them that is supposed to happen in February. Crazy Bama weather this year. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am loving the sentiment on that second card. It is awesome. She is so sophisticated. I really like the tickets on your first card. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are both fantastic Carla. Love the colour combo, DP and all the little details on She's Fierce, it's stunning! Wish I could put cards together as well as you do :)
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are both gorgeous, but I really love that sassy lady!
    Hugs,
    Marsha

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are great - and brilliant to see someone use that fabulous sentiment from Paulette - its such a gift!

    Thanks for joining in with our LOVE challenge over at Audsentiments

    Rx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful cards you have made. Thank you for taking part in the Aud Sentiments Challenge this fortnight and I wish you the best of luck in the draw. Best wishes, Kym (Aud Sentiments Design Team Member) xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla