Monday, January 9, 2012

Another Challenge Card

Good morning!  Can it be Monday again already?  Where did the weekend go?  I hope you had a good one.  I'm here early this morning to share a card I made for a few more challenges I like to do.  This one is for the Just Us Girls Challenge #118 (a sketch challenge), the current B 'n W Challenge (use warm earth colors) and the Simon Says Stamp Challenge (use something new).

Here is the JUGS sketch:


Here is my card for the challenges:


I started with a card base of SU Bravo Burgundy and layered with patterned papers from the Bo Bunny Forever Fall 6x6 pad.  My "something new" is my new Belles 'n Whistles stamp, A Pen Friend.  It can be found at the Simon Says Stamp store here.  I stamped her with Memento Tuxedo Black onto Cryogen White and colored her with Copics.  I framed the image with a diecut made with my Cheery Lynn Polynesian Sails Oval die.   A triple-loop bow of dyed seam binding and a Prima rose finished my card.

Thanks for visiting!  Have a great day and I'll see you soon!
Photobucket

19 comments:

  1. Gosh Carla, this is overwhelmingly beautiful! That image is just adorable and your color as always is perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the perfect card, love the sketch, colors, image and that awesome die!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Carla what a gorgeous card!
    Beautiful warm colours!
    Hugs Heidy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! I see we are both liking that Polynesian Sails Oval die today. What a beautiful frame it makes. Your ribbon and prima look fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do have to say that oval die is just stunning. I also love how you can change you coloring. I'm not sure how you do it. I know for me sometime when I color if my mood is different I color different. Your Whiff of Joy girl is just stunning and I love your pick of colors she is just beautifully done.
    Hugs, Pat

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful card, Carla! The colors are amazing, and what a cute stamp. Your coloring is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous! Love the colors, coloring, and the die!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a gorgeous card...love the warm colors and this is such an adorable image. I need to get some of the Cherry Lynn dies, they make such a statement.
    hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  9. So PRETTY! What a gorgeous job coloring! Great take on the sketch! Thanks for playing along with Just Us Girls!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Carla, this is absolutely darling. Gorgeous colors.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful color combo Carla and that new die is gorgeous. Your coloring is awesome! Great take on the sketch and good luck in the challenges. "HUGS"

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so beautiful! I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely beautiful - your coloring is divine and your colors are just fabulous. Great use of the sketch this week! It's great to see you again.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Breathtaking Carla! That framework is incredible and your image is so cute! Great job with the sketch~ Thanks for joining in at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very pretty card Carla. I just love those stamps. Your color combo is just fab! So glad you could play along with Just Us Girls this week!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sigh...just so pretty! I love earthtone colors (especially browns) and this really takes my breath away! Love your coloring and that die is gorgeous. I see some shopping in my future! Thanks for playing with Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great card - well done on your win

    ReplyDelete
  18. WOW ... love everything about this ... the color palette, the ribbon and flower accent and that oval frame die is just well to die for!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, Wow , Wow!!! This card is absolutely georgeous! I would love to know how to color like that... I love the stamp and the frame!!!

    I am a new follower!

    www.scrapbookingforbeginners-naomi-blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla