Sunday, January 29, 2012

Card For A Couple of Challenges

Hi there!  Happy Sunday!  Hope you've had a great weekend!  I finally managed to get a little organized and to finish up a few cards I had in the works.  I'm here to share one that I made for two challenges - Guylou's Inimitability Winter Wonderland Color Challenge (blue, gray and white) and the Copic Challenge #35 on Suzanne's Dean's Color Me Creative Classroom site which was to color with "frosty" cold colors.

Here is the inspiration colors for Guylou's Challenge:


And here is the inspiration photo for the CMC Challenge:


Here is my card for the two challenges:


I started with a card base of SU Baja Breeze and layered with patterned paper from the Bo Bunny Snowfall 6 x 6 pad.  My fun image is Serena on Skis from Guylou's Inimitability.  You can find her in Guylou's store here.  I printed her on Cryogen White and colored her with Copics (BG57, BG53, BG11, BG000, B91, C9, C7, C5, C3, C1, E11, E00, E000).  I added some white glitter to the trim on her hat, her ski suit, and the snow.  The skiing sentiment is from Create With TLC.  Paulette generously shared it as a freebie at the end of last year.  I thought it would work perfectly with Serena!  I colored it similarly to the main image.  I punched  a few snowflakes from white glitter paper and popped them up on pop-dots.  A shimmery sheer white bow finished my card.

Thanks for stopping by and having a peek.  I'll be back soon to share some other projects I've been working on.  Have a great night!
Photobucket

17 comments:

  1. Oh this is so cute, Carla...that image is adorable! It's okay to make cards about snow & skiing but I don't want to have that option here, lol....great card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your colors are perfect for the frosty, cold look and the image is really adorable. Super card!!! Doesn't look as if we'll be getting any of the white stuff this year but who knows.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Wow! Wow! I looooove it!! What a beautiful card. I absolutely love how you colored Serena!! Thanks for participating in our challenge at Guylou's!! You will get two entries for your project!
    Cheers!
    Guylou

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am wishing I looked this good skiing. I am usually sprawled out in the snow. This is so cute. I really like your embellishment. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how cute Carla! Your coloring is soooo great! I love the sparkle I see, and the sheer ribbon and snowflake are perfect for the frosty theme! Great take on both challenges!!!

    Have a great week!

    hugs,
    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazingly colored !! The ribbon is gorgeous and so is that giant snowflake! Thanks for joining us at Guylou's and good luck! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow fabolous card Carla!
    Hugs Heidy

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is just so cute! I love the image and the blue palette you used!
    Hugs,
    Marsha

    ReplyDelete
  9. Carla- perfect job on these challenges! Glad I am in my warm house, because this looks 'so cool'. LOL Beautiful coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What beautiful coloring and colors. I love the winter colors in both challenges. Great job Carla and beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  11. SOOOO SWEET, LOVE This color and the sparkle on her hat is darling, SUCH A fun and FANTASTIC creation Carla!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Carla,Image is just adorable and love the colors. The background looks to be shinny to me and I know I'm seeing things for some reason but I just love it. I'm so glad you join us at Color Me Creative. Love seeing your cards.
    Hugs, Pat

    ReplyDelete
  13. just precious! love those colors ..definitely feels "frosty" (-:

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a wonderful card Carla! Love the colors and how you coordinated your DP! Thank you for joining us at CMC!
    Hugs
    Marie XX

    ReplyDelete
  15. love all the soft blues and gorgeous snowflakes. Great job with Serena! Thanks for joining us over at Guylou's and Congrats on winning the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderful card. It makes me feel chilly just looking at it. Thanks for joining us at the CMC Copic Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla