Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Heartfelt Creations Alumni Design Team Blog Hop

Good morning!  Hope your week is off to a great start!  It's the last Tuesday of the month and that means it's time for another Heartfelt Creations Alumni Design Team blog hop!  Every month, a group of former Heartfelt Creations designers gets together to share projects made with some of our favorite Heartfelt Creations products.  If you arrived here from Clare's blog, you are in the right place.  If not, you will definitely want to head over to Olga's blog and start the hop from there so you don't miss a single inspiring creation!

Here is my card for the hop:


I started with a 7 x 9 in. card base of SU Elegant Eggplant and scored along the long side at 2 1/4 in. from each end to form a gatefold card.  I followed Emma Lou's tutorial for the Artistic Gatefold Collection here to use the HCD 716 Layered Elegant Swirls dies to create the base diecuts and white shimmer paper overlay.  I embossed the two narrow front panels with the Sizzix Corners & Damask embossing folder.  I created a belly band from Elegant Eggplant by adhering two ornate borders created with a Spellbinders Parisian Accents die to a 1 1/4 in. strip of cardstock.  I overlaid the band with some wide white crocheted lace.  The vase image from HCPC 3395 Bella Rose Vase PreCut Set was stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black onto Cryogen White and colored with Copic markers.  I cut it out and adhered it to the belly band on the front of the card.  I finished the inside with some swirls from HCPC 3420 Holiday Dove PreCut Set and a sentiment from HCPC 3401 Bella Rose Scroll PreCut Set (not shown) and that was it.

Thanks for stopping by!  Your next stop is Marsha's blog where she has something gorgeous in store for you!  Be sure to leave a comment on every blog as you are hopping, because one comment will be chosen at random from all the blogs and the lucky commenter will win a $25 gift certificate to the Heartfelt Creations store!  Your chance to comment closes at midnight, Friday, February 3 EST and the winner will be announced on Saturday, February 4 at Noon EST.

In case you get lost along the way, here is the full line-up:

Olga
Selma  
Loretta  
Clare 
Carla (you are here)
Marsha
Linda


Have a great day!
Photobucket

48 comments:

  1. Carla this is beyond words.........I love that die and you have captured it so beautifully!!!! 2 thumbs up girl friend!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carla, this is a beauty. I love that vase and NEED it. LOL What don't I need is the question. I'm going to try to do this hop if I can find time. A $25 gift certificate sounds great to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOWSER Carla....this is jaw dropping gorgeous! Everything you listed is going on my wish list, lol!!! Just beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carla, this is just exquisite! I love that die and the flower vase looks fantastic. I always get a treat when I visit your blog!
    Hugs,
    Marsha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful, Carla! I have those gate dies on my wishie list!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Carla this is gorgeous. I love those dies and they a gorgeous using black and white. Fabulous card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Carla, your gate fold card is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Purple was very popular this hop!!! And you have used it to perfection here!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, this is stunning Carla - love all the intricate die cuts and gorgeous pop of that plum color!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't know what I want to look at first!! The beautiful flowers in that vase, the lovely lace, or that gorgeous die cut arch. Beautiful work, Carla!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is a beauty!!! I really like that die cut and you captured it wonderfully well!! Great flowers and all of the wonderful detail you added! Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  12. My oh my, just stunning having the pop of purple with those dies and the flower - WOW - looks outstanding.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love how you used the new die. I have been wanting to get this die but have to put off the purchasing for awhile. Love how you used it on your card!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is GORGEOUS Carla! I love this die and the flower is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous. I loved seeing the rose in purple. I love seeing images I have in different colour combos than I would have thought of. The die cut looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my!! This is so pretty!! Love the way you've created your gatefold! Incredible! Hugs, antonella :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous card!! All the incredible lace at the top and the way you used the lace and images equal a fabulous card.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful. I really like the lace.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sooo pretty. My first thought? Beautiful, white, wrought-iron gate opening to the "Secret Garden." Love it. Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Purple is really the colour of the day, it appears. Another beautiful gate card - well done.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Stunning card Carla! Love the purple!

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is beautiful, Carla! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  23. beautiful showcase with the new die!!! saying same as everyone... GORGEOUS!
    hope you have a safe trip (-:
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh my goodness this is stunning! I just love the dies and colors you used on this beauty

    ReplyDelete
  25. Gorgeous card! The arch is just stunning and your image is colored so beautifully! Wonderful shades of purples and lovely lace! Fabulous creation!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Stunning Carla, gatefold is a wonderful choice!! I love the look it creates. And the eggplant is such a great color. And such a pretty Rose.
    Thanks for sharing
    Hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  27. Carla- this gate fold is stunning! All the detail makes this an amazing card!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Your card is beautiful.You have inspired me to use my HC die to make a card. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oh my is this ever a fantastic card!!!!!!! Love the colors u used as well. Going to start using more of my dies...and I think I have to buy more as well...lol lol lol. Thank you for sharing your talents with us. ekc

    ReplyDelete
  30. Beautiful card! Love the color contrast between the purple and the cream. Beautiful card! I like the bellyband too!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Love the design of this card. The flower vase is really beautiful. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  32. OK, Carla! This is just breathtaking! I Loooove this card!
    Hugz,
    Roxann

    ReplyDelete
  33. OMG Carla, Your card is wonderful. I love everything about it. Stunning!!!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Love the colors you used on this card. Very dramatic.

    ReplyDelete
  35. So pretty and what a nice design!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Gorgeous card, love the color and this die set.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Beautiful gate fold card! I love these dies!

    ReplyDelete
  38. so BEAUTIFUL!!!!! I just got to have this die set.

    ReplyDelete
  39. I love this die and your card is beautiful. Your use of that beautiful vase is the best, along with your band...so creative! Hope your weekend away is wonderful!
    hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  40. Carla, I love the card. The dies you used really set off the vase and rose you colored so beautifully! I'm always learning lots from you alumni of HFC DT. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Beautiful card Carla! love the gateway fold using these dies...gorgeous bouquet of flowers too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla