Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Twisted Tuesday Challenge #71 - Guest Designer

Good morning!  Happy Tuesday!  Are you having a good week so far?  Hope so!  I've been busy already, but today I have something exciting to share with you!  After winning a challenge a few weeks back, I was invited to be a Guest Designer for today's new Twisted Tuesday Challenge.  Fun, right? You bet!  The theme is "live a clean, green life".  The challenge is to keep your project clean (no distressing or inked edges, etc.) and the twist is to use green.

Here is what I came up with:


My card base and mats are SU Certainly Celery and the patterned papers are from my scrap bag.  I think the top one is GCD Studios Happiness and the bottom one is from Kaisercraft.  The fun image is Uptown Girls Madison Has A Margarita from Stamping Bella.  I stamped it on MiC Blending Card and colored it with my Copics.  I added some Stickles to the trim on her dress and her hair ties and Glossy Accents to the glass.  I left off the sentiment until I decide on who will get this and for what occasion.  A simple punched border and ribbon and bow finished my clean, green card.
 
Here is a close-up of the colored image:


Thanks for stopping by!  Be sure to check out the new Twisted Tuesday Challenge!  I'm sure the team would love to have you play along!

I am entering my card in the following challenge:
7 Kids College Fund Challenge #94 (anything goes)

Have a great day and see you soon!
Photobucket

21 comments:

  1. So darn cute, Carla. So nice that the dress and shoes match the paper perfectly. Wonderful job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to say this is just adorable! I normally would not like bright green papers but your choices are just great together and I really love them. The little image is super cute and colored to perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Green all the way.....and I like it a lot. I like the bit of sparkle on that dress.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carla this is so cute and reminds me that St. Pat's Day will be here soon!!! What a beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love, Love, Love your card! Super job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely colouring and such a sweet stamp, love your card and the colours, hugs, marion

    ReplyDelete
  7. great colors and pretty papers, Carla....your coloring is brilliant as always!
    xxx Margreet

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this card Carla!!
    XXX Heidy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Carla, this is such a beautiful card! What a spectacular use of greens! The background is so pretty and I love how you've colored the image. Thank you for sharing this lovely card with us at 7 Kids College Fund!
    Hugs and blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card and adorable image. Love all the green. Beautiful coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOL. My goodness, are you guesting for everyone this week? Hee hee. Congrats again. You know I'm an Uptown fanatic so I love your card. The greens look fabulous. I'm so ready for spring. :-) Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeously fresh and vibrant and makes me so ready for Spring!! Congrats on yet another well deserved guest spot :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Delightful and I want you to know, I do want this image!!
    sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I forgot to say congratulations Sugar Bear -- wonderful coloring too!
    sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a fantastic card. I love that sweet image. Congrats on being a guest designer.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats on the GDT, Carla! :^)
    Wow, this would be a tough one for me! But you carried it off beautifully! Love the clean design, the greens, the cute image, your fab coloring, and the pretty DP! Great card! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  17. First, I'm jealous that you had warm temperatures. I'm freezing!

    You nailed the "green" challenge for sure. I love the coloring, paper layering, and the fun image!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love Uptown Girls! Super congrats on the GDT Carla, you totally deserve it! I am seriously in love with your make and wow, what a challenge that would be for me. :D

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous card! Love the color. Thanks for joining us at www.7kidscollegefund.com

    Karen

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla