Friday, March 28, 2014

Alcohol Markers Challenge - The Outlawz

Good morning!  Happy Friday!  Hope you've had a good week and you are looking forward to a fun weekend!  It's pouring down rain and windy here, but at least it's pretty warm.  It's a perfect for staying in and coloring!  First, I am here with my DT post for the Alcohol Markers Challenge at The Outlawz.  Since it's the last Friday of the month, the theme this week is "anything goes" with the optional twist of making a Christmas or Winter holiday card.  You may create anything you'd like, but please remember your project must have coloring with alcohol markers (any brand).

Here is my card:
 

I decided to go with a Christmas card for my stash. My card base and mats are SU Pool Party and the patterned paper is from the My Mind's Eye All is Bright 6x6 pad.  The sweet image is Fairy Merrily from the Elisabeth Bell Digital Collection.  I turned her into a Christmas fairy!  She is printed on Hammermill card and colored with my Copics.  I added some Gold Liquid Pearls and Red Stickles for some added detail.  Some taffeta ribbon, a few pearls and a shimmery poinsettia from my stash finished my card.

Here is a close-up of the colored image:
 

Thanks for stopping by!  Be sure to visit the Alcohol Markers Challenge and check out the wonderful designs from my DT sistahs, Dawn, Linda, Penny and Kathi!  We hope you will join us for this last challenge in March.  It's your last chance to be in the running for the fantastic prize from our sponsor, Elisabeth Bell.  You can see the two images from the Digital Collection that you could win in the challenge post.  My card features one of them.


I am entering my card in the following challenges:
Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2 (Twist: fairies or mermaids; use any previous SSW2 sketch; I used #10)
Fab 'n Funky #209 (Christmas)
Paper Crafting Journey (anything goes)

Here is SSW2-10:
 

Have a great day and see you soon!
Photobucket

21 comments:

  1. Beautiful card. Gorgeous coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card thanks for joining us at Paper Crafting Journey..Sue DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet! I really like the pop of red with the blue. Very eye catching. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Greta card, I love the poinsettia

    Thank you so much for leaving a lovely comment on my blog

    Happy Friday!

    Hugs

    Bridie@BGPayne Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this image used as a Christmas card. Beautiful coloring! Love the colors you used and also love this sketch. Beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute card Carla, I love this sweet image and this wonderful Christmas card. This image would also be perfect for a young feminine birthday card. Great design papers and embellishments. This is a lovely card and thanks so much for sharing it with us over at Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2 and good luck.
    Hugs
    Kathie SSW2-DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful work! Fantastic coloring. Thanks for joining us this week.
    Hugs, Heide SSW2-DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Carla... what a happy card! She looks gleeful and your coloring is just beautiful! Love having some Christmas cards made early too!!! Hope all is well with you!!
    hugs,
    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty, Carla..wonderful image. It rained here last night but nothing today. I thought it was 80% chance today. Just never know.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So pretty! Such a good idea to turn her into a Christmas fairy - she looks gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, what a great idea to make her a Christmas fairy! Love that! Great coloring, Carla, and a really sweet take on the sketch--very pretty DP & flower! :^)
    Hugs, Penny
    Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card and what a sweet image.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  13. Another stunning card!! She is gorgeous. Thanks for joining us.
    Nancy SSW2

    ReplyDelete
  14. Carla, that's such an elegant and gorgeous Christmas card. Love this sweet EB image. Beautiful papers too. Thanks for joining in with the Fab 'n' Funky Christmas Challenge this week. Hugs, Wends x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sweet card - love that cute Christmas Fiary =)
    Blessings to you Carla!!
    Sally SSW2

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my, would you look at that cutie of a card. What a sweet Christmas card. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh wow, this is lovely! Love that image and great choice of a sketch! Thanks for joining us over at Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is such a sweet image and you've coloured her beautifully , very pretty
    Hugs Julie P

    ReplyDelete
  19. Another beautiful card! Such a sweet EB image and I love the papers you used with it. Absolutely fantastic! Thanks for joining us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2!
    Sharon, SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  20. She's so cute in her red outfit. Reminds me of all those holiday dance recitals!

    Great coloring of the cute image!

    I love your paper choices and layering. I especially love that the cherub in the patterned paper is looking up at the little ballerina fairy.

    Great take on the sketch too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla