Sunday, March 2, 2014

La Vie Est Belle

Hi again!  Didn't think you'd see me again so soon, did you?  I'm popping back in today to share some exciting news and a little card I made.  You all know how much I love my Make it Crafty images and love coloring them, right?  I try never to miss a challenge in the Make it Crafty FB group or the Make it Colourful Challenge each month.  Well, imagine my delight when the wonderful Zoe invited me to be a Guest Designer along with her fantastic FB team this month!  I am still pinching myself to be sure it's real!  I am truly honored and thrilled to have this opportunity!  Thank you to Zoe and the whole MiC DT for making me feel so welcome!

So here goes my first post as GD.  I've made a card using this month's $1 Digi, Frenchie Valerie.  This is a special offer for MiC FB Fans only, so if you love all things MiC like I do, you should head on over to the FB Fan group and join up.

Here is my card:
 

My card base and mats are SU Buckaroo Blue and the patterned papers are from the Prima En Francaise 6x6 pad I've been hoarding in my stash.  I printed Frenchie Valerie on MiC Blending Card and colored her with my Copics.  I added Glossy Accents to the cherry on the cone.  The sentiment is from Create With TLC.  Some red taffeta ribbon and a bow finished my card.

Here is a close-up of the colored image:
 

Copics:
Skin: E000, E00, E21, E11, R20
Hair: E50, E53, E43, E57
Dress: B91, B93, B95, B97
Red: R30, R35, R37, R46, R59
Cone: E41, E42, E43, E44
Ice Cream: RV91, RV93, RV95

Thanks for stopping by again!  Enjoy the rest of your weekend and see you soon!

I am entering my card in the following challenges:
Papertake Weekly (sketch #87 or sketchie free for all)
The Squirrel and the Fox Challenge #64 (something spooled; I used spooled ribbon)
613 Avenue Create #61 (use your stash; I used hoarded paper)

Here is Sketch #87:
Photobucket

14 comments:

  1. Congrats on your GD post. They are very lucky to have you. Thanks for the link - I will head on over there. You did an out-of-this-world coloring job once again. Your card stock colors and papers all work so nicely together. I could use a bit of that ice cream cone right now - I love Jimmies!! Thanks for sharing this darling image and your entire card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Carla, love the very cute image and scrummy design. Huge congrats on the GDT hun.

    Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a very busy girl, Carla. Congrats on yet another GDT spot. Your card is just so adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Grats on the GD invite! And I love the color choices you made for this cutie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely gorgeous, lovely sweet image.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutley gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your coloring and choice of images are just a joy to look at. This is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Darling card Carla and beautiful coloring. Congratulations! This image is too cute and love the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh this is beautiful Carla...Congrats on your first post as GD. You deserve it...Hugs, joann

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats, Carla! I am not the least bit surprised about your new GDT! ;^)
    And what a great card you made for it! Great take on the sketch; love your fab coloring; love the color palette & DP; and love the sentiment you chose! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aww...what a Super Cute card Carla! Congratulations on your GD spot :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a lovely image and such a great card, thank you for
    joining us at The Squirrel & The Fox,with our Spooled theme Hugs Tania (DT)xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well I'm not surprised they asked you. You really have been a loyal MIC supported for a long time and you do great work with their images, just like this cutie. Congrats on another guest spot Carla. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Many congrats on this extremely well deserved guest spot!! Such a great pairing of your fab colouring and their great images :) Off to a wonderful start with this little cutie - tres chic!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla