Sunday, March 2, 2014

Penny Black and More Guest Designer

Good morning!  Happy Sunday!  Hope you've had a good weekend so far!  It's been relatively quiet here with a bit of time for catching up on things.  You are probably surprised to see me on a Sunday!  I'm here with something really fun today!  Based upon entering this card, I was invited to be a Guest Designer for March for the Penny Black and More Challenge!  Of course, I said yes!  The theme for the March challenge is "so sweet".

Here is my "sweet" card:


My card base and mats are SU Strawberry Slush and the patterned papers are from the October Afternoon Woodland Park 8x8 pad.  The fun image is Let's Party from Penny Black.  I stamped it on Hammermill Digital Cover Stock and colored it with my Copics.    I added a bit of Yellow Stickles to the star and the candle.  I colored in a sky and some grass with my Copics, too.  The sentiment is computer-generated. 
 
Here is a close-up of the colored image:


Thanks for stopping by! Check out the fun challenge over at Penny Black and More!  I'm sure the team would love it if you'd play along this month!

I am entering my card in the following challenge:
Seize the Birthday (anything goes)
The Corrosive Challenge #194 (animals)

Have a wonderful day and see you soon!
Photobucket

18 comments:

  1. Such a lovely card Carla, the sweet PB image has been coloured beautifully and just perfect for your theme this month.

    Thank you so much for being our Guest Designer this month.

    Enjoy the rest of the weekend.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Carla,
    beautiful colouring with that cute stamp, gorgeous card.
    Thank you for being GDT this month at Penny Black and more;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another lovely card, that image is too sweet :-) Ticks all the other boxes, as always, Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi sweetie this is just gorgeous, huggles Pops x x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on your GDT spot for Penny Black. Your card is adorable. The little party guys are having so much fun and it is a great way to wish someone a happy birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooo absolutely adorable image, dp;s and layout and thank you so much for being our Guest Designer at Penny Black & More this month, Luv Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a cute creation Carla! I love how you colored the cuties! I just recently purchased the stamp too. So happy you agreed to guest design for us at Penny Black and More!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun adoable card Carla!!
    XXX Heidy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on your GDT, Carla! And your card for this is super-cute! Love the fun image, your great coloring, your design, and fab DP! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  10. Darling card Carla. I love Penny Black stamps. This is a cute one with all the animals. Love your coloring especially the grass. Beautiful scene.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your card Carla. Fab layout, great choice of papers and your colouring of the image is fabulous, the sky looks amazing.

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  12. awww, such a sweet image and card and the papers are so pretty! congratulations and thank you so much for being our guest designer this month at penny black and more.
    linda

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is a super fun image! Love it paired with all those fabulous papers. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Now that's the cutest little parade of critters. I bet their party will be of fun. Congrats on your guest spot. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  15. It is indeed, very sweet! Great colouring on those little guys and the background scene and congrats on another guest spot :) How do you keep track of it all???

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really love that image and your colouring is awesome!!
    I'm so glad you joined us at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a jolly card - love the colors and the stamp! Perfect papers to finish off... :)
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla