Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Style is Eternal

Good morning!  Happy Wednesday!  We're halfway to the weekend!  Because I was away, it seems like it should only be Tuesday, but Wednesday it is!  I'm popping this morning with another project I did for my GD spot over at the Make it Crafty FB group.  March Challenge #7 is to make a "card in a box".  I've seen these popping up everywhere lately, but I had never made one.  I roughly followed this tutorial, but adjusted the measurements a bit to make it work for me.

Here is my card in a box:
 

From the side:
 

 Front view close-up:
 

and finally, the Carefree Women alone:
 
 
 
The box and mats are SU Melon Mambo and the patterned papers are from the Webster's Pages Trendsetter collection.  I used Carefree Elise, Classy Victoria and Groovy Rachel from the Make it Crafty Carefree Women collection.  I printed them on Make it Colour Blending Card and colored them with my Copics.  They were cut out with my Cameo and mounted on the box.  The sentiment is from Create With TLC.  A few mod dimensional felt flowers finished my box.
 
Thanks for stopping by!  If you love all things Make it Crafty as much as I do, you should head over to the Make it Crafty FB Group and join up, if you haven't already.  There is always fantastic inspiration from the amazingly-talented Make it Crafty DT, as well as a fun monthly challenge.  You still have a couple of days to get in your card-in-a-box project for this month's challenge!
 
Have a great day and see you soon!
Photobucket

11 comments:

  1. I love it!!!!! Those ladies are all gorgeous!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What an awesome project...love it!! Fun, fun, fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just loved this on FB! Such a fantastic design! All three images are wonderfully colored, and the sentiment fits perfectly! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool! It's like paper dolls in a box. :-) I've seen a lot of these too. They're lots of fun. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness!! Totally LOVE this!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous pop up card Carla. Love the three images which you colored so beautifully. I made several of these and they are so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous box Carla!!
    XXX Heidy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Carla - this is wonderful - how very clever you are kid!!
    sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really fun pop up box card, Carla. Love this group of gals as well! Fabulous coloring and design of the box.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such an impressive pop-up box card!

    I love your trio of girls and love how you colored them.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla