Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Picture Perfect Day

Hi again!  I'm back with another super quick post today.  I wanted to share a card I made for a couple of challenges and one is ending today, so here I am.

Here is my card:
 

My card base and mats are SU Bermuda Bay and the patterned paper is from the Crate Paper Maggie Holmes 6x6 pad.  I didn't think I'd ever use this particular sheet in the pad as it's not really my cup of tea, but one of the challenges wants us to show our ugly papers so it worked for me.  The adorable image is Picture Perfect from Tiddly Inks.  I had the great pleasure of meeting Christy, the talented artist who creates these sweet stamps, at the coloring retreat this past weekend.  Of course, it would have been just wrong of me not to purchase a bunch of her cute digis!  I printed Wryn on Hammermill Color Cover Stock and colored her with my Copics.  I framed her with a Polaroid Frame that I cut with my Cameo using a file from the Silhouette store.  I popped that up over a film strip frame that I also cut with my Cameo.  The top sentiment is from Create With TLC.  The Happy Birthday was stamped.

Here is a close-up of the colored image:


I am entering my card in the following challenges:
Tiddly Inks Challenge #129 (happy birthday)
Tuesday Morning Sketches #242 (sketch)
Loves Rubberstamps Challenge #96 (show ugly paper)
Charisma Cardz Challenge #6 (birthday girls)

Here is TMS-242:

Thanks for stopping by again!  I'm almost caught up so I will be around shortly to visit.

Have a great day and see you soon!
Photobucket

16 comments:

  1. Just gorgeous with beautiful colouring. Love the design paper.
    Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely card with fab coloring Carla!
    xxx Margreet

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute, cute, cute! Her hair looks fabulous ~jeni :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I love her name, Wryn, and she is a real cutie. You colored her beautifully. Great birthday card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, so cute! Wonderful coloring of the darling Wryn! And I love your design, colors & die cut! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  6. So adorable Carla and great coloring. I'm really liking the cute Tiddlyink images. Hope you had a great time at the coloring event. Hugs, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful. Love the image. Great layout.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww your Wryn is so cute. She's my fave TI character. Adorable card. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful colors with a very clever design and as always Carla, your coloring is fantastic!
    Sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very very cute Carla...Love the colors...Hugs, joann

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card!! Your coloring is amazing and you made that "ugly" paper look wonderful!!

    Thanks for joining us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely gorgeous coloring and beautiful card. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. awww thats just beautiful. I am sooooo jealous you went on the retreat!! he he he!!!
    Thank you so much for playing along with us over on the Tiddly Inks challenge blog
    hugs Lou xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Carla, this is fantastic. I love the colours you chose and your colouring has me swooning. Thanks so much for playing at Tiddly Inks and Good Luck x

    ReplyDelete
  15. She's so cute and colored so beautifully!

    Great card design and a great take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla