Thursday, March 20, 2014

Alcohol Markers Challenge - The Outlawz

Hi there!  I'm back this evening with a second post for this week's Alcohol Markers Challenge at The Outlawz.  Normally, I wouldn't post my card until tomorrow, but I'm posting early this week because I still have lots to do before my trip.  I promised more details on that, so here they are.  I am going to Dallas tomorrow for a Coloring Retreat! Zoe from Make it Crafty and Barbara from Little Miss Muffet Stamps have organized a wonderful weekend of coloring with friends!  There are about 20 people getting together to color, color, color!  It will be wonderful to meet some of my on-line friends and a few of my teammies, too!  These ladies are all awesome colorists, so I hope to pick up some tips from the pros! No matter what, I know it will be fun!

Anyway, back to my post.  The theme for this week's challenge is a color inspiration (from Seeds).  Here is the color palette we are working with.  Please note that the colors do not have to be an exact match, but you still must have coloring with alcohol markers (any brand) on your project.

 
Here is my card:
 
 
 
My card base and mats are SU Rose Red and the patterned papers are from the Webster's Pages Plum Seed collection.  The cute image is Shopping Day by Time For Tea Designs for Whimsy Stamps.  I was lucky to have won this stamp when it was released!  I stamped her on MiC Blending Card an colored her with my Copics.  The sentiment is from Create With TLC.  A few sparkly gems finished my card.
 
Here is a close-up of the colored image:
 


Thanks for stopping by again!  Be sure to visit the Alcohol Markers Challenge and check out the fab creations from my teammies, Dawn, Linda, Penny and Kathi.  We hope you will play along this week.  Our sponsor for the March challenges is Elisabeth Bell, who is offering one lucky participant 2 images from the Elisabeth Bell Digital Collection.  Check out the challenge to see which adorable stamps you could win! 


I am entering my card in the following challenges:
Tuesday Morning Sketches #241 (sketch)
Papertake Weekly (for Mum or special girlie)
MarkerPop Challenge #39 (anything goes)
Kit and Clowder Whimsy Stamps Release Contest (use any Whimsy stamp)

Here is the sketch:
 

Have a wonderful evening and I will be back tomorrow for the monthly Digi Bells Blog Hop!
Photobucket

16 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, but really....I am so jealous you are going to the color retreat!! Have an amazing time Carla. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet, gorgeous card and pretty colours too.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  3. very sweet and lovely, fab colouring, hugs, marion

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such wonderful colors and you colored this image to perfection! Just a very pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card is very nice. I love the die piece you sued here and the rectangle featured piece look great inside of it. I do hope you have a fantastic time on your trip. Can't wait to see some of your colorings when you get back home. Travel safe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a wonderful card, Carla. I think you can leave some tips at the coloring retreat. I consider you a pro already. Have a fun trip.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card and perfect coloring. Love your color choices also.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fabulous creation, Carla! Have a nice trip and lots of fun learning and coloring with you friends!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gosh, what a beautiful take on that sketch! You used the colors beautifully! Love your DP & die cuts! And another fabulous job of coloring--love the image! :^)
    Hope you have a super-fantastic time in Texas. I am envious, lol! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card!! I love that fancy die and your DP!! Your coloring is amazing!
    Thanks for joining us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a gorgeous card and beautiful take on those colours :) So envious of you - I bet it will be such a fun weekend and I can't wait to see your already super colouring skills go up a notch!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful card! Your coloring is fantastic! Love the die cuts you used, and the sentiment is great! Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches, hope you come back and play again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Another beautiful card. Love your coloring and the frame for your image is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful fun bright colors and pretty image! Very nice card Carla!
    Thanks for playing along with us at Papertake Weekly, hope you'll join us again!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a pretty card Carla and love the Time 4 Tea images!!
    XXX Heidy

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cute but I am always wowed by your coloring!
    Sandy xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla