Saturday, March 1, 2014

Sketch Saturday #299

Good  morning!  Happy Saturday!  Hope your weekend is off to a great start!  We got an unexpected cold rain last night, but I think the weather is supposed to improve over the weekend.  Sure hope so!  I am here with my DT post for this week's Sketch Saturday challenge.  We are sponsored this week by A Random Fan.  Sherry is offering the winner 3 digis from her Etsy shop.


Here is the fabulous sketch from Debra:

Here is my take on the sketch:


My card base and mats are GKD Turquoise Sea and the patterned papers are from the My Mind's Eye Miss Caroline Dolled Up 6x6 pad.  I did a bunch of stitching around the panels.  The cute image is from the Tin Can Chat set by SugarPea Designs. I won a GC from their shop when they first introduced their new DT and I picked this fun set as part of my prize.  I stamped the image on MiC Blending Card and colored it with my Copics.  The sentiment is from the same set.  A K & Co. banner sticker and a crocheted flower and gem finished my card.

Here is a close-up of the image:


Thanks for stopping by!  Be sure to visit the Sketch Saturday blog and check out the fab projects from the rest of the Saturday Girls and our Guest Designer for March, Melissa!  We hope you will play along!

I am entering my card in the following challenges:
SugarPea Designs Challenge #02 (anything goes)
Tuesday Throwdown #184 (anything goes)

Have a great day and see you soon!
Photobucket

19 comments:

  1. So cute! How can she not be? Chubby Cheeks and skinny arms... and of course, your fabulous colouring. Enjoy your happy Saturday, my friend!
    hugs, Asha - Sunny Summer Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carla, this card is just too cute. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your take on the sketch Carla. Super fun card, love the mix of papers and super cute image. Congrats on your win! Hugs, Deb

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carla, this is just so sweet and I like the way you colored it too!! Cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOOHOO a SugarPea stamp! She's precious Carla. Love her faded jeans. :-) Another fabulous sketch and great inspiration. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I just have to get this image. I think it is so fun and cute. Great card, Carla.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the image and your coloring, Carla! I think I may have to go shopping today!
    Hugs, Cathy xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Carla!
    I saw your comment over @ Kit & Clowder and came right on over!!!

    I've always been a fan of your work...I see them in challenges all the time! You have some beautiful pieces of art here & your coloring is amazing Hun!!!

    I'm now your newest follower & would appreciate you following me as well!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great sketch and wonderful coloring! So glad to see you at K&K Ning site. Hopefully, I am back among the living without having to take anymore breaks. I've missed visiting and seeing your amazing creations. Hugs, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is gorgeous sweets love the colours, hugs Pops x x x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, how cute, Carla! The image is adorable & your coloring is fab, as always! :^) Love the DP, stitching, take on the sketch & cool crocheted flower! :^)
    We had rain today for the first time in two months--we really needed it, but what a pain, lol! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a great sketch and a beutiful card. The little girl is so sweet and cute, your papers beautiful and your coloring top notch as always.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awwww, this is just adorable!! Love it!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. What an awesome card. Love this one. Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown Challenge this week.
    Linda K. DT
    www.ladybugstamper.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your fab card Carla!!
    XXX Heidy

    ReplyDelete
  16. Just the cutest card ever! Love all the layers.
    Hugs, Pat

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love it Carla...I would love to know the colors you use for skin...Beautiful...Hugs, joann

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is fabulous Carla! Love it!

    Hugs, Vannessa x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla