Sunday, March 9, 2014

Country Cottage in Spring

Good morning!  Happy Sunday!  Hope you've had a great weekend so far!  We've been a bit busy and I haven't been around much, but I did want to pop in and share a card I made for my GD stint with the Make it Crafty FB team.  I am having the best time creating with all the fabulous new digi stamps and pre-made scenes from Make it Crafty!  Today, I have some inspiration with one of the new Country Cottage scenes.  It's also inspiration for the current Make it Colourful Challenge #7.  The easy challenge is to color trees and/or flowers.  The hard challenges is to color wood.  I went with both.

Here is my card:
 

My card base and mat are SU Garden Green and the patterned papers is from the Thomas Kincaid "Painter of Light" 12x12 pad.  The focal image is one of the new pre-made digi scenes from the Make it Crafty Country Cottage collection called Country Cottage Garden.  I printed it on MiC Blending Card and colored it with my Copics, of course.  I added a few white gel pen highlights and a bit of Glossy Accents on the terra cotta/copper pot on the lower shelf.  I didn't add any embellishments so I wouldn't take away from the image.

Here is a close-up of the colored scene:


Copic colors:
Wood wall: E31, E35, E57, E79
Wood on window frame, shelves, wheel and cart: E21, E23, E29, E79
Flowers and leaves: YG01, YG03, YG17, YG25,
YR21, YR23, YR24,
R22, R24, R27, E19,
B21, B23, B24, B26,
BV20, BV25,
YR02, YR04, YR09
Boot and wheel on cart: W1, W3, W5, W7
Dirt/ground: E41, E42, E43, E44
Grass: G21, G94, G99, YG67
Curtains: Y11, Y13, Y15, Y18

Thanks for stopping by!  Be sure to join up on the Make it Crafty FB group for always-awesome inspiration from the MiC DT and there's still plenty of time to enter the Make it Colourful "spring is in the air" Challenge.

Enjoy the rest of your day or evening!
Photobucket

19 comments:


  1. Awesome coloring and card. I love this scene and you made it beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Outstanding card, Carla. I wish It was spring time around here, maybe soon. They are predicting just one inch of snow for tonight and Wednesday into Thursday they say "plowable" snow, so I think it will be a while before I can see flowers in my yard. Good thing I can keep coming back to your blog and viewing this beautiful scene. Enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow this is an amazing card I love it.
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't take my eyes off the woody bits, and the grass... WOW, Sue! What else can I say?!
    hugs, Asha

    ReplyDelete
  5. The scene is beautiful, Carla, and the coloring outstanding. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning colouring Carla, love it.

    Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, rustic charm and beauty right there! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome colouring, love it, hugs, Marion

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty coloring. I love this wonderful scenery. Hugs, joann

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous, Carla! This makes me want spring even more!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my, you really conquered the challenge. So pretty and realistic!!! I can't imagine how long you were coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great coloring of the wood Carla,great card!!
    XXX Heidy

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW!! Really stunning image and what gorgeous coloring!! This so reminds me that beautiful weather is coming soon! :) Thanks for sharing! Hugs - *Vicki*

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous scene, Carla--which you colored beautifully! Love the color palette. :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my goodness, I LOVE it, it looks like a watercolour painting!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Soo gorgeous Carla! Love the way you've coloured the wood! Fantastic texture. Such a pretty 'scene' card. Hugs, Wends x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla