Friday, June 6, 2014

Queen of the Forest

Good morning!  Happy Friday!  Hope you had a great week and you have fun plans for the weekend!  I was supposed to have another back surgery today, but they rescheduled it for Monday, so my weekend will be spent getting everything in order for the time I will be out of commission.  Starting Monday, most of my upcoming posts will be pre-scheduled, but I hope it won't be long before I'm back posting live.  Anyway, I am here today with my DT post for this week's Alcohol Markers Challenge at The Outlawz.  The theme this week is "inspired by a song, book or movie title".  This leaves plenty of room for your interpretation, but please remember that you must have coloring with alcohol markers (any brand) on your project. I was inspired by the song "Queen of the Forest" by Ted Nugent.

Here is my card:
 

My card base and mats are GKD Chocolate Brown and the patterned papers are from the Bo Bunny Forever Fall 6x6 pad.  the beautiful image is Fern the Forest Fairy from Delicious Doodles.  She is also available from Sweet Pea Stamps.  I printed the image on MiC Blending Card and colored it with my Copics.  I added some Ice White Pearl Pen accents to the toadstools.  A few opaque gems and a punched butterfly finished my card.

Here is a close-up of the image:


Thanks for stopping by!  Be sure to visit the Alcohol Markers Challenge and check out the gorgeous work from my DT sisters, Dawn, Penny and Kathi!  We hope you will play along this week!  We have a new sponsor for the June challenges, Delicious Doodles.  Teri is offering the winner 4 digis of their choice from her shop.  You won't want to miss out on the chance at this awesome prize!


I am entering my card in the following challenges:
Sunday Sketch and Stamp #209 (Francesca's sketch)
Delicious Doodles Challenge #91 (use your favorite DD image)
Left of Center Challenge #33 (interpret a movie; mine is "Epic" with the main character being Queen Tara, queen of the forest)
Deep Ocean Challenge #79 (inspired by a song; mine is Queen of the Forest by Ted Nugent)
Crafts & Me Challenge #149 (add wings)
Sweet Pea Stamps Friends and Fans FB Art Contest (anything goes with Sweet Pea Stamp)
Delicious Doodles June FB Contest (anything goes with Delicious Doodles)

Here is the sketch:
 

Have a great day and see you soon!
Photobucket

9 comments:

  1. Such a gorgeous take on the sketch, Carla! The image and coloring are stunning! Love the palette, DP, & your choice of embellies! :^)
    Wish you the very best for your surgery on Monday. Hope that this takes care of your back problem finally! Speedy recovery to you, too! In the meantime, have a good weekend! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great image and colored to look so lovely. Don't do too much over the weekend. Best of luck on Monday. I'll email you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Carla, I love this gorgeous card, a work of art indeed! Such a beautiful colour palette and your beautifully coloured stunning image compliments the sketch. Cheers, :)S

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super card Carla, great take on the sketch & great colours. Thanks for joining us this week @ Sunday Sketch & Stamp.
    Happy Crafting
    Carole xXx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super pretty! Brilliant paper and design choices with this delightfully coloured image. Hugs, Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning card! Love your Sweet Pea stamp here, it is one of my favorites!! Best of luck in the sweet pea contest! Cheers, Holley

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful vibrant colors Carla. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is very lovely Carla. Hugs, joann

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic card Carla!! Love the layout and the image! Awesome! Thanks for joining us At The Movies this fortnight at Left of Center! Mo dt coordinator xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla