Sunday, June 15, 2014

Melissa's Balloon

Hi again!  I'm back with a second quick post today.  I realized that I hadn't yet shared my GD inspiration with this month $1 digi over in the Make it Crafty Facebook group.  Every month, there is a new digi from the Make it Crafty store that is only $1 if you are a member of the Facebook group and pick up the special code.   That alone is a great reason to join the group, but you also get lots of inspiration from the DT and fans, fun chats and heads-up on some special events and sales.  What are you waiting for?  Pop over and join up, if you haven't already.

This month's $1 is Melissa's Balloon.  She is such a cutie! I just love her expression!  The Make it Crafty store is temporarily closed while Zoe adds some new features and images so I can't link up Melissa's Balloon for you, but I will come back and update the links as soon as the store re-opens. There was also a little "challenge" issued in the FB group to color this digi using the no lines/light lines technique.  Of course, I had to give it a go. It would have downright rude of me not to!   I also gave my Melissa curly hair for the hard part of this month's Make it Colourful Challenge #10.   Phew!  That was a lot to take on at once, at least for me!

Here is my card:


My card base and mats are SU Island Indigo and the patterned papers are from the October Afternoon Woodland Park 8x8 pad.  I printed Melissa's Balloon on MiC Blending Card with very light lines using the washout effect in Word, then colored her with my Copics.  As you can see, I definitely need a lot more practice with this technique!  A simple olive satin bow was all I added to finish my card.

Here is a close-up of the colored image:


Copics:
Skin: E000, E00, E21, E11, R20
Hair: E53, E35, E57
Dress and shoes: RV10, R81, R83, R85, BG000, BG02, BG05, BG07
Balloon: RV10, R81, R83, R85

Thanks for stopping by again!  I'll pop around in a bit to visit a little until I can't sit any longer.

Enjoy the rest of your day!
Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. I have yet to try the no line coloring. Your looks amazing. I'm a chicken. LOL. Super sweet card Carla. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous, just can't say enough about your fantastic coloring!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really fabulous, Carla! Love the coloring! :^) (You are so much braver than I!)
    Hope you are not over-doing it! Hope your recovery is going really well! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never tried this kind of coloring with no lines. I would have to watch a hundred tutorials..haha. This is so cute. She has an attitude.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla