Thursday, June 12, 2014

"Fore" Your Birthday

Hi again!  I'm back with a second quick post today.  I'm not really supposed to be up, but I wasn't resting well and I was antsy to post a card I made for a couple of challenges. Obviously, I'm not a very good patient - lol!  Anyway, I'll make it quick. There are a lot of Father's Day/masculine challenges out there and I went with the masculine theme for all of them.  Since I lost my Dad 6 years ago and my father-in-law last month, I don't really do Father's Day cards.

Here is my card:
 

My card base and mats are SU Not Quite Navy and the patterned papers are from the Authentique Loyal 6x6 pad.  The golf bag image was a freebie from Tiddly Inks with the purchase of the Father's Day-Vintage Truck digi.  I printed it on MiC Blending Card and colored it with my Copics.  I added some grass under it with my Copics, too.  The sentiment is from Create With TLC.   A bit of stitched ribbon on the tag finished my masculine card.

Here is a close-up of the colored image:


Thanks for stopping by again!  I'll be back tomorrow with a special post, so hope to see you then.

I am entering my card in the following challenges:
Tiddly Inks Challenge #135 (Lou's sketch)
Hobby Cutz Challenge #51 (Father's Day or masculine)
Craft Your Passion Challenge #217 (Father's Day or for the men/boys)
Tuesday Throwdown #199 (for a special Man)
Seize the Birthday (summertime plus birthday)
Digi Galore (nautical or blue)
Papertake Weekly (for the boys)
Cute Card Thursday #325 (so macho)

Here is Lou's Tiddly sketch:

Have a great evening and see you soon!
Photobucket

16 comments:

  1. Hi Carla, Sitting up again...naughty! lol Your a bit like myself....i find it so hard to do "bed rest" I do hope your doing ok!
    Love this card....i am terrible at masculine cards, you make it look so easy! Fab papers too!
    Take care of yourself!
    Hugs
    Lynne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh I absolutely adore this hunny, you made that bag look just amazing and I love the colours of the dp's
    Thank you for playing along with the tiddly inkers this week
    hugs Lou xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great masculine card! Your coloring is wonderful!
    Thank you for joining us at Seize The Birthday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous coloring and perfect masculine card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh, fab guy card! Love the coloring, take on the sketch, & DP! :^)
    Hugs, Penny
    (Don't overdo!!!!! We want you to heal quickly and completely!!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Carla, love the coloring of the image. Perfect masculine birthday card. Take it easy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a fantastic card for any guy. My son's birthday is next week and I wish he golfed. I do know someone that I can CASE this card for though and you bet I will do just that. I do hope you are not staying up too long at any one time. We don't want to see you end up back in the hospital again. BEHAVE!!!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a wonderful guy card, Carla. Actually a good one for anyone who golfs would love it! Both cards are colored beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorjuss card hun, thanks for joining us at Digi Galore this week. Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Carla!!! Love love your card and your coloring is really impressive !!! Thanks for playing along with us at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous Carla. Love the colour palette and patterned papers. Thanks for playing along at Tiddly Inks Challenge blog.
    ~ DT Amy

    ReplyDelete
  12. This card is so striking. The image is beautifully coloured and the white around it really sets if off. The background papers are ideal for this theme. Thank you for joining our Father's Day/For the Boys Challenge at Craft Your Passion this week. I hope we see you again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous work, Carla. The image and papers are perfect... and your colouring is beyond flawless, as always! Thanks for sharing your handsome project in our Special Man challenge at Tuesday Throwdown.
    Asha

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous colouring and I love the punny sentiment - great male card! Thanks so much for playing along at Seize The Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a perfect male card. Love the colours too. You rocked our sketch, thanks so much for playing at Tiddly Inks. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla