Monday, June 23, 2014

Peace On Earth

Good morning!  Happy Monday!  Hope you had a great weekend and your week is off to a terrific start!  My weekend was quiet, as expected.  I didn't get much crafting done, but I did manage to make a card for a couple of challenges I enjoy doing.

Here is my card:


I made up a Christmas card.  You can never have too many in your stash before the rush comes!  My card base and mats are SU Riding Hood Red and the patterned papers are from the Carta Bella Festive 6x6 pad.  The beautiful scene is A Robin's Christmas from Delicious Doodles.  I colored it with my Copics and added some Star Dust Stickles to make the snow sparkle.  The sentiment is a Flourishes stamp.  A punched border, some olive satin ribbon and a few gems from my stash finished my card.

Here is a close-up of the scene:


Thanks for stopping by!  I'm going to get a few things done and then come around visiting.

I am entering my card in the following challenges:
Friday Sketch Challenge #72 (sketch)
Delicious Doodles Challenge #93 (make a scene)
Delicious Doodles June FB Contest (anything goes with Delicious Doodles)

Here is FSC-72 (I flipped it):


Have a great day and see you soon!
Photobucket

11 comments:

  1. Beautiful Carla! I love the scene and your coloring is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning and so peaceful all at the same time. Your placement of your Stickles is perfect. Don't do too much, but enjoy the day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Carla, this is a stunning scene. The Stickles give it such an icy look. Good to be visiting again and seeing your beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a really lovely scene. It makes a beautiful card for your Christmas stash. I love the added sparkle. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh WOW! Gorgeous, and it has glitter!!!!! Perfect card..........

    ReplyDelete
  6. Carla, the snow is amazing and this really looks like a painting! Wowza!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gosh, such a beautiful image! Love how you colored and sparkled it! Really pretty take on the sketch, too! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  8. Carla wow this is stunning. Perfect coloring and sparkle. Love it...Hugs, joann sassy raggedy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning! Love the added shimmer on the snow. ~jeni :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful card!!!! I love that image - been avoiding looking too close at the DD's because I know if I go to their site my wallet will take a hit and I cant do that right now :)
    Its another DD image added to my list though for when my budget can handle it....

    ReplyDelete
  11. hi
    Pretty nice card done with the sketch of FSC
    greetings Lisbeth

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla