Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Live for Today

Good morning!  Happy Tuesday!  Hope your week is going OK so far.  It was quite a stormy night here, but although it is still raining, there is no thunder, at least at the moment.  I am popping in quickly this morning to share a card I made for a couple of challenges. 

Here is what I made:
 

My doily easel card base was cut from Olive cardstock using the Doily Easel Card 2 cut file generously shared as a freebie by Bird's Cards.  The patterned paper is from the My Mind's Eye Stella and Rose Mabel 6x6 pad.  The gorgeous stamp is Posy by Norma J. Burnell for Sweet Pea Stamps.  I was lucky enough to have won the rubber stamp on Norma's Facebook page.  I stamped it on MiC Blending Card and colored it with my Copics.  I added a bit of Stickles here and there for some sparkle.  The sentiment is from A Piece of Heart. Thanks to Sharon, who shared it as a freebie on her blog here.  I didn't add any more embellishments so the image could take center stage.

Here is a close up of the image:


Thanks for stopping by!  Looking forward to visiting with you a little later this morning.

I am entering my card in the following challenges:
Sweet Pea Stampers (shaped cards)
Fab 'n' Funky Challenge #221 (shaped cards)
Incy Wincy Challenge (things with Wings)
Sweet Pea Stamps Friends and Fans Art Contest (anything goes with SPS)
Crafting By Designs Monthly Challenge (anything goes)

Have a great day and see you soon!
Photobucket

16 comments:

  1. Carla, this is stunning. I love the doily shaped easel and the image is so pretty and beautifully colored.
    We had those late afternoon storms yesterday. I'm thinking it is going to be a rainy summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, wow, fabulous! Love the image & your coloring! Really love the way you did your easel design, too! And such a cool sentiment! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous...Thanks for playing along with us at Fab'n'Funky this week.
    Wendy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous easel card, Carla. I love the pattern of the die cut. Thanks for using one of my sentiments and for making it look so purdy :-)

    Sharon
    A Piece Of Heart Blog
    **Make sure to visit my blog to grab some really great FREE Digi Sentiments.**

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely Stunning Carla. That's all I can say. enjoy the week ahead

    ReplyDelete
  6. Carla this is stunning....I have to start using some of Bird's files with my Cameo. But there is no way I can match your coloring. Beautiful image and how wonderful you were able to win it...Up here in Muscle Shoals we got rain again today around mid afternoon, not sure if Benzi got any across the river. Hugs joann sassy raggedy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Carla, that card is amazing. So perfect for our current challenge at Fab 'n' Funky. You're not in my comment rota, but I just had to tell you how gorgeous I think it is! Thanks for joining us this challenge and good luck! Hugs, Wends x ~ Fab 'n' Funky DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful card, really pretty and your colouring is stunning..Thank you for joining us at Sweet Pea Stampers and hoping you would like to join us again soon. Good luck in draw..Hugs Lozzy x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow Carla this is just so beautifully designed and coloured and I love the decorative circle easel design.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely stunning just love it
    thanks for jhoining us at incy wincy
    Lynne DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. I never get tried of looking at your beautiful cards. Each one a work of art!! Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your cards are always amazing creations, Carla! I enjoy seeing them daily!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That olive green makes such a lovely background for all the colors you used on the fairy. Beautiful coloring Carla. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful!!! I love this image and you have really done her up wonderfully!!! Thanks for joining us at Sweet Pea Stampers and good luck in the drawing!!! Hope you are feeling better these days and getting well quick!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely card. Thank you for joining the challenge at Sweet Pea Stampers

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! This is gorgeous! Teehee! I'm still browsing at A Piece of Heart! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla