Friday, April 1, 2011

Joan's Gardens Weekly Card Challenge #12

Good morning!  It's a beautiful, sunny day here in NC!  It's still kind of chilly, but it looks gorgeous with all of the trees and flowers blooming!  I hope it's nice wherever you are (although I know my New England friends are having quite a storm)!  No more snow - that's what I say!

I am dropping in quickly to share the card I made for Card Challenge #12 on Joan's Gardens' blog.  This week, the requirements were:

- make a window card where you see through to the image on the inside
- use three colors of flowers as the focal point
- make a birthday card

Here is my card for the challenge:


I started with a 5 1/2" square card base of SU Cool Caribbean.  I layered it with patterned paper from the Prima Annalee 6x6 pad.  I cut a circular window in the card front using a Spellbinders Classic Circle die.  I created a scalloped frame for the window using Spellbinders Scallop and Classic Circles.  I stamped the floral image from the Heartfelt Creations set, Angel Trumpet Flower, on the inside with Memento Tuxedo Black and colored the flowers in three different colors (light pink/peach, fuschia and orange).  I stamped the image again on another piece of Cryogen White Iridescent, colored the flowers, then cut them out and popped them up over the base image with foam tape.  The birthday sentiment is from the Heartfelt Creations set, Inspire Me.  I used Spellbinders scallop and Classic Ovals to cut the sentiment panels. A big aqua satin bow finished it.

Thanks for stopping by!  I hope to be back at least once more before I take off for a few days.  Have a wonderful day!
Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. WOWSZERS! This rocks! I made one for this challenge yesterday and filed it in file 13 if ya get my drift, back to the drawing board. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is FABULOUS Carla! Love your choice of color ... perfect for spring/summer ... which I hope will be here soon!!! Thanks for making me smile on this very cold day!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful card. You aced the challenge! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carla, this is gorgeous. So bright and fresh. Great job!

    Thanks so much for joining us at Joan's Gardens #12 Weekly Card Challenge. Your entry is great!

    Joan
    www.atjoansgardens.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Carla, this is so gorgeous....I hope to get to play this week, but I know I can't do anything half as beautiful as this. Tfs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Now this is lovely~ It is really so soft and yet so bright and cheerful too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla