Friday, April 8, 2011

Card For a Few Challenges

Hi there!  I finally got my act together and made a card!  I got so behind while traveling this week, but I finally do have a card to share for a few challenges that I like to do.  First, it is for Challenge #77 on Mo's Digital Pencil Challenge blog.  Dorcas is the hostess this week and the theme was "how does your garden grow?".  It is also for this week's Sketch Challenge (SC0406) on The Outlawz site. 

Here is the sketch:


Finally, my card is for Kathy's Color Throw Down on the new site, Lily Pad Cards

Here are the colors for the challenge:


Here is my card for the challenges:


I used SU cardstock in all the Throw Down Colors (Brilliant Blue, Tempting Turquoise, Kiwi Kiss, Yo-Yo Yellow and Only Orange.  Those of you who know me know these brights are WAY outside my comfort zone, but I gave it a go!  The cute Mo's image is called Sprout.  She was originally in the digi package that was part of the Help For Katie fund-raising efforts.  You can read about ongoing efforts to help Katie here.  The image is available at Mo's Digital Pencil.  I colored her with Copics.   The sentiment is from the Gina K. Designs set, Spring Mix.  I used Spellbinders Labels Four (large and small) for the sentiment tag. The white panel is embossed with the Cuttlebug folder, Brickyard.  Photo corners with orange button brads finished my simple design.

Thanks for stopping by!  I'll be back late tonight for the Center Stage Spotlight Blog Hop!  I hope to see you then!
Photobucket

12 comments:

  1. ah, she's so cute, awesome card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Carla...another fun card! I love these colors...such fun! And what a fun sketch. I may have to use it myself! Your card is just as darling as it can be! I love this little image...she's sooo cute. And what a wonderful way to help Katie and her family. So glad you joined us this week at Mo's. Hugs. Pat Frank

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carla, you did a wonderful job with this card and colors (even outside of your comfort zone)...love the pops of orange, just right and this is one cute little girl. Tfs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't she sweet - perfect use of the LPC challenge colors! Thanks so much for playing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely adorable Carla!!! Your coloring is fantastic!!! I love how you worked all those colors in! That many colors make me nervous!!! LOL! Love the ef too! I've never seen that one! You are rockin these cute images my friend!!! Have a great weekend!!!
    hugs,
    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet card! I love the bright, cheerful colors! Glad you joined us in Mo's Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. SO cute! love your coloring. Thank you for participating at the LilyPad challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a sweet happy card! I love it! I’m so happy you could join us at Mo’s!
    Hugs,
    Dorcas

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I love your coloring - such a cute card!
    Thanks for playing ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness this is just adorable and your coloring is so beautiful!! Thanks so much for participating in the color challenge at Lily Pad. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awwwww Sprout is my favorite.. Reminds me of my girls. My daughter and I planted a patio garden at her apartment this weekend. You did such a great job on this card.. Your coloring is perfect..Thanks for joining us at Mo's.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is adorable, Carla! Great design and color combo.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla