Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Card For A Few Challenges

Good morning!  I hope your day is off to a great start!  It's just gorgeous here today - the sun is shining and it's supposed to be at least 80 degrees!  Can't wait to get out to enjoy it!  Before I go, I'm sharing a card I made for a few challenges I like to do.  First, it's for this week's Just Us Girls Challenge #80 which was a color challenge with the twist of making a birthday card.


My card is also for Card Patterns Sketch #111.  Here is the sketch:


Finally, my card is for the Greeting Card Challenge (GC041811) on The Outlawz site.  This week's theme was to use Spring colors and we had to include a greeting on the outside of the card.

Here is my card for the challenges:


I started with a card base of SU Soft Sky and layered with Blush Blossom.  The patterned paper is from the Basic Grey Cappella 6x6 pad.  I stamped the image from Heartfelt Creations Spring Birdies and Roses three times onto Cryogen White Iridescent with Memento Tuxedo Black and colored them with Copic markers.  I cut out one whole image and various parts of the two others then layered them all with foam tape to add dimension.  The sentiment is from Heartfelt Creations Inspire Me Sentiments.  It's also stamped on Cryogen White.  I cut it out Spellbinders Petite Ovals Nestabilities and sponged with Blush Blossom while it was still in the die.  It was layered onto one of the Spellbinders Fancy Tags Two cut from Soft Sky.  Some aqua suede ribbon and a few adhesive pearls finished my card.

Thanks for dropping by!  Hope to see you soon!  Enjoy your day!
Photobucket

10 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous, nice job of covering up the nest with the flowers! How clever!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carla, this is so pretty....love the softness of your color palette and of course your main image and coloring is lovely, as always. I especially love your sentiment and the layering of the fancy tag and ribbon. Tfs...it's been beautiful here today,too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. soo pretty...lovely coloring! Thanks for playing with us at Card Patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So soft and pretty. Lovely coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how soft and pretty your bird and flowers are! Very pretty card and use of the colors! Thanks for playing with Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Simply gorgeous Carla! You always manage to rock out our sketches. I love when you play along with us on CP.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This card is so beautiful and elegant!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So soft and pretty Carla! Love the bird and the flowers along with your sentiment! It's so elegant looking!

    Thanks so much for playing along with Just Us Girls this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooooowwwww, Carla! This card is stunning! I am drinking in EVERY detail! Absolutely gorgeous! Thanks for sharing the beauty with Just Us Girls! Yipeeee!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow Carla! This card has me chirping, just like the fabulous bluebirds on your card!!! So BEAUTIFUL! Great take on the challenge colors! Thanks so much for playing along with Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla