Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Wednesday At Heartfelt Creations

Good morning!  It's Wednesday and time for new card samples from the Design Team over on Heartfelt Creations blog.  You won't believe the gorgeous samples everyone had to share this week!  Be sure and check it out!  Before I show you one of my creations for the week, I wanted to congratulate Marilyn (newfiecrafter) who was the lucky winner of the entire new Springtime Cardinal release by commenting on the Heartfelt Creations and DT blogs! Congratulations, Marilyn! How exciting for you!

Here is one of the cards I shared this week:

 
I made a 5 in. square card.  I started with a card base of GKD heavy base weight weight ivory.  The patterned paper is from the Pink Paislee 365 Degrees 6x6 pad.  I cut two small squares of each pattern and adhered them to a piece of layering weight ivory CS then stitched around the borders with my Janome Sew Mini.  I cut out a white doily with Spellbinders Floral Doily Motifs.  I stamped the image from Heartfelt Creations Spring Cardinals onto the doily and then onto scraps of the patterned papers.  I stamped a corresponding single cardinal from Heartfelt Creations Cardinal Family set and several corresponding flowers from Heartfelt Creations Posy Patch Flowers onto PP.  The extra cardinal and flowers were all cut out with the corresponding Heartfelt Creations Cardinal Family Die and Posy Patch Dies.  I cut out the extra leaves from the green patterned paper with scissors.  Everything was paper-pieced and layered to add dimension.  The sentiment from Heartfelt Creations Cardinal Posy Branch set was stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black and cut out with a Spellbinders Labels Four Small die and popped up.  A double loop bow made with my Bow Easy and lots of deep red pearls finished my card. 

Oh, and my card is also for last week's Weekly Card Challenge #14 on Joan's Gardens' blog which had the following requirements:  use red, orange and green, use a die-cut circle, use patterned paper with lines in it and use a bird or something from nature.

15 comments:

  1. gorgeous card, aren't you the clever one to use it in a challenge! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very beautiful! Love the pastel colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a fabulous layout, Carla! Terrific card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the way you did the flowers Carla! The colors and design on this just pop. Congrats again on the DT spot with HFC...you are perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the color combination on your card! Really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty and perfect for spring.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous! Love the orange and red combo!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is stunning. The papers you chose work perfectly with the stamped image.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just gorgeous Carla! I love the orange and green with your cardinal and your flowers look fabulous!
    Hugs, Marsha

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card, love the color blocking for the background.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card Carla! Love your Spring colours.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is beautiful Carla.. My favorite bird. It reminds me of Illinois as our state bird is the cardinal.. Love the square. I seldom create those. Have an awesome Easter weekend.. P.S. hope you saw that Mo has a $1 image up this week for your coloring pleasure. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely card, wonderful mix of papers and design!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla