Thursday, March 31, 2011

Card Patterns #208 (and more)

OK, I'm back faster than I thought!  This is my second post today as I am trying to catch up on my favorite challenges before I have to travel this weekend.  This time I have a card I made for this week's sketch  challenge (#108) on the Card Patterns Sketch blog.

Here is the great sketch we had to work with:


My card is also for the Greeting Card Challenge (GC032711) on The Outlawz site which was to use our favorite colors, favorite image or favorite sentiment on our card.  I used my favorite colors, blue and green.  The Color Challenge on Splitcoast (CC316) this week also featured my fave blue and green combo - Marina Mist, Baja Breeze and Certainly Celery.

Here is my card for the challenges:


I flipped the sketch to vertical for my card.  I started with a card base of SU Marina Mist and layered with Certainly Celery.  The patterned paper with all three challenge colors is from Prima's Annalee 6x6 pad.  I stamped the flowers from the Gina K. Designs Buds and Vases set with Memento Tuxedo Black onto Cryogen White Iridescent and colored with Copic markers.  I highlighted the flowers with a White Gel Pen.  The sentiment is from the GKD set, Arranged With Love. It was cut with a Spellbinders Labels Eleven die and airbrushed with BG000 while still in the die.  I also lightly airbrushed the white Kaiser flowers and a white doily from my stash.  I popped up the flowers and sentiment, added the flowers and that was it.

Thanks for coming by again today!  I appreciate your visits every time!
Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. absolutely beautiful! soft and elegant!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carla, this is absolutely splendid! Love the soft tones and the stamping is impeccable. Thanks for playing along with us at Card Patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  3. simply gorgeous! Thanks for playing with us at Card Patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very feminine and so lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla