Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Play Date Cafe #76 (and more)

Good evening!  This is my second post today.  I am sharing the card I made for last week's challenge on The Play Date Cafe (#76).

Here is the inspiration photo for the challenge:


My card is also for last week's Prismas and Other Mediums Challenge (PM0407) on The Outlawz site.  The theme was "Spring Cleaning" - we were to use stuff from our stash. 

Here is my card for both challenges:


I started with a card base of Papertrey Enchanted Evening and layered with New Leaf.  I grabbed the patterned paper from my scrap bag - it is Paper House Productions Renoir Seascape.  I was delighted to find a scrap with the same colors as the inspiration photo!  I stamped the Heartfelt Creations Dutch Oval Iris with Memento Tuxedo Black onto Cryogen White Iridescent and colored it with Prismacolor Pencils and OMS.  The background is sponged with Memento Summer Sky.  The sentiment is from Heartfelt Creations Inspire Me Sentiments.  It was stamped onto Cryogen White and cut out with one of the Spellbinders Fancy Tags.  I sponged the tag with Summer Sky while it was still in the die.  Added a scrap of sky blue ribbon  and a couple of adhesive gems from my stash to finish it.

I truly appreciate you visiting!  Have a great evening!
Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. Carla this is so pretty, and your colouring on the iris is beautiful! Thanks for playing along at the Play Date Cafe :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Carla, how really cool, serene, and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carla! That iris is stunning! What a beautiful coloring job! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a delightful project! Fun way to work the colors :) Glad you played with us at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. breath taking for sure! Beyond beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful frame with the gems! LOVE! Beautiful coloring too! Thanks so much for playing along and joining in the fun over at the PDCC:}

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla