Monday, April 11, 2011

Card For a Couple of Challenges

Happy Monday morning!  I hope everyone had a great weekend!  I spent mine catching up on everything after being away last week.  I did manage to find a little time to stamp, though.  I made this card for two challenges: last week's Color Challenge (CC0405) on The Outlawz site and this week's Sketch Challenge (sk040911) on Paper Craft Planet.

Here ins the inspiration photo for the Outlawz color challenge:


You also had to add distressing for this challenge.

And here is the PCP sketch:


Here is my card for the challenges:


I started with a card base of SU Chocolate Chip and layered with Papertrey Aqua Mist.  The patterned papers are from the Pink Paislee Sweetness 6x6 pad.  I thought they were a great match to the bedding in the inspiration photo!  The only stamping was the sentiment from Gina K. Designs Hugs and Prayers set.  I distressed the edges of the patterned with Tim Holtz Vintage Photo Distress Ink and my thumbnail.  I added a butterfly that I punched with a Martha Stewart Punch and to which I added a few chocolate pearls.  It's  finished off with three Antique Copper brads from Making Memories.

Thanks for stopping by this morning!  Have a wonderful day!
Photobucket

2 comments:

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla