Thursday, April 21, 2011

The Play Date Cafe Challenge #78 (and more)

Good afternoon!  I hope you've had a great day so far!  It's been a busy one for me, but I still wanted to pop in and share a card I made for a couple of challenges.  First, it is for this week's challenge in The Play Date Cafe.  Here is the inspiration photo for the challenge:


My card is also for this week's challenge on Mo's Digital Pencil Challenge Blog.  The theme this week was "Carnival".  The theme tied in with a fun blog hop - the Mo's and Zo's Carnival Hop - where the amazingly talented design teams from Mo's Digital Pencil and Zoe's Make it Crafty got together and shared their creations inspired by the carnival.    You'll definitely want to check this out!

Anyway, here is my card for both challenges:


I started with a card base of Papertrey Pure Poppy and layered with SU Cool Caribbean.  I found these fun patterned papers from Daisy Bucket (Love You and Playful Petals) in my stash and they matched so well with the PDCC colors and patterns!  I merged the Candy Cart image from Make it Crafty (flipped horizontal) with the super cute Cotton Candy image from Mo's. Cotton Candy is a very special image - if you purchase the image from Mo's Digital Pencil during the Carnival Hop, Mo and Zoe are donating 100% of the proceeds to the US and UK Make A Wish Foundations!  How cool is that?  Back to my card - the images are colored with Copic markers.  I added some Red, Aqua and Pink Stickles to the candy cart and lightly sponged some clouds in the background. A couple of flowers and a bow from my stash finished it.

Thanks for stopping by!  I'll be back soon with some other things I've been working on!
Photobucket

16 comments:

  1. Such a sweet card Carla! Love the way you coloured the image :) Thanks for playing along at the Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Carla...how absolutely delightful! I am totally lovin' this card, hon!! Your coloring is gorgeous...and I love the colors you've chosen for this little masterpiece! I'm so tickled that you enjoyed the hop...and thanks so much for joining us this week at Mo's! Hugs. Pat Frank

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card with outstanding detail. Fantastic colouring and very cute images:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all your details and the image is so cute! Thanks for playing with us at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous, love your colouring.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW!!! FAbulous card using the PDCC colours!! Amazing colouring too! Thanks for joining us at The Play Date Cafe :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really gorgeous card, Carla! You did a great job! Thanks for playing with us at Mo's!I hope you had a good time with the hop, we've been having an amazing turnout and its thanks to people like you.
    Hugs,
    Dorcas

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVELY image with beautiful bow, patterned papers and flowers~

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your card using the digi's Carla. I have a lot of Mo's digis from way back but haven't played with them much.....I need do that. You are always so full of inspiration my friend. Hugs from New England.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Carla

    yourcard is so pretty I love your soft colourwork on the cotton candy girlie.

    Joey x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super cute card! Love the soft colors of blue and pink! Sweet "pop" of red with the darling bow!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Carla, this is gorgeous. Love your coloring and the two images you chose are perfect together. Thanks for playing the Mo's Digital Pencil challenge this week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely the cutest! LOVE that sweet image and how FANTASTIC it looks in our color story! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so adorable! Love that image - yum! and how you pulled it all together. Thanks for joining us at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the colors and layout on this card! Glad you joined us in Mo's Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla