Saturday, April 2, 2011

Card For A Few Challenges

Good morning!  I hope your weekend is starting off well!  I am dropping in with a quick post to share a card I made for a few of my favorite challenges.  First it is for this week's Play Date Cafe Challenge #75 - blue, pink and silver.

Here is the color inspiration for the challenge:


My card is also for this week's Mo's DP2 Challenge #76, where the theme was "Buttons 'n Bows" - you had to use at least one of each, along with a Mo's image.  Finally, I used the Mojo Monday Sketch #184 for my layout. 
Here are the Mojo sketches:


Here is my card for all three challenges:


Obviously, I chose the square version of the sketch.  I started with a square base card of GKD Heavy Base Weight White.  My blue/green background DP is from the Basic Grey Fruitcake collection. The plaid and pink papers are from the Basic Grey Olivia 6x6 pad.  My Mo's image is Checking FB.  I love this image - maybe because it looks like such a familiar scene - lol!  I colored her with Copics and highlighted with Spica pens. The sentiment is from the Gina K. Designs set, Fine Furnishings Additions.  It is embossed with silver EP.  I added two bows, one of pink ribbon and one of metallic silver cord.  A coordinating Basic Grey button finished it.

Thanks for dropping by!  Have a great weekend!
Photobucket

14 comments:

  1. fantastic! Love the image too, good luck with the challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute...love the image! Beautiful colors and great design!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love love th gingham and the sentiment tag thingy. Brilliant!I’m so glad you could play along with us at Mo’s “ Buttons and Bows” challenge!
    Hugs,
    Dorcas

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great card! I love the plaid paper and color scheme. Glad you joined us in Mo's Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yikes...Carla!! I love this card!!! I am sooooo going to save this for my "inspiration files"!! The design is such fun...and your DPs and embellies perfectly frame this darling Mo manning image. I have to check to see if I have this one...I think I do...in rubber, as a matter of fact! I love your coloring! You are really a master at shading!! I'm lovin' this!! Thanks for joining us again this week at Mo's!! Have a great week, sweetie!! Pat

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMGosh! She is perfectly wonderful~ How fun and the card is pretty too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card, Carla! Great coloring and wonderful use of the Play Date's colors! Super papers and fab button/bow accents!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Carla! I like how you used our colors for the challenge this week. They look great on the lady in the bathrobe. ;) Thanks for playing at the Play Date Cafe with us!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You rock.....This is so awesome. I laugh every time I see this lady. It looks just like me even down to the slippers and coffee.. Great job Carla. Thanks for playing at Mo's. Hope you did not get the storms we did. It was so scary. 90 mph winds at 2 a.m. Hope your week is great. hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card! Great colouring. You should enter it into the latest Color Me Creative challenge - it's metallics. Thanks for playing along with us over at the Play Date Cafe this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE this, Carla! Who wouldn't love to receive this treasure?! Beautiful coloring job, too! Thank you so much for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  12. OH, Carla! This card is so fun! Beautiful papers--and that image is great! LOVE your coloring too!! Thank you so much for playing along with us over at the PDCC!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Carla, I love this!! that DP is sooo lush, and you coloured Mo's chacking FB to perfection!.
    Thanks for joining us this week at DP2.
    Hugs
    Sheila xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla