Thursday, April 14, 2011

The Play Date Cafe Challenge #77 (and more)

Good afternoon!  I hope it's as gorgeous where you live as it is here in NC!  I think spring is finally here to stay!  I am popping in to share a card I made for a few challenges this week.  First, it is for the Play Date Cafe Challenge #77.  Here is the inspiration photo that Ruby had for us this week:


My card is also for Mo's DP2 Challenge #78.  Dorcas is our hostess again  this week and the theme is "Start of Something New", interpreted anyway you like as long as you use a Mo's image.  Finally, my card is for this week's Sketch Challenge (SC0413) on The Outlawz site.  Here is the sketch:


And here is my card for the three challenges:


I was inspired by the colors, the clean lines and the white brick wall in the PDCC inspiration photo.  I started with a card base of Kraft and layered with SU Wild Wasabi.  I embossed a panel of heavy weight white CS with the Cuttlebug Brickyard embossing folder.  My fun image is Hoping from Mo's Digital Pencil.  I colored her with Copic markers and highlighted with a Sharpie White Paint Pen.  I added a little Glossy Accents to the "glass" on the scale.  The sentiment was computer generated.  A few brads and some Wasabi stitched ribbon finished my card.  This is going to a friend who signed up for a "Biggest Loser" contest at her work.  That's my "start of something new" for Mo's - a new diet!  I think my friend will get a kick out of this image (which reminds me a lot of both of us - lol)!

Have a great day! See you soon!
Photobucket

14 comments:

  1. gorgeous, I love the embossing and layers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too cute Carla!! I saw this over at Mo's challenge and just had to pop over to tell you how much I love it!! Great job!!
    Hugs~
    Dana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carla, she is too too cute and looks too too much like me. LOLOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an adorable card, wonderful image and coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful colors for this weeks challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMGoodness Carla this is a riot! Your coloring is rockin and I love this sentiment! You go girl!!! Lucky for you YOU don't need to do any wishful shrinking!!! :) Have a wonderful weekend!!!
    hugs,
    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMgoodness I love this!! Perfect sentiment, I have to remember that one. lol Great card! I’m so glad you could play along with us at Mo’s this week! We really appreciate your sharing your creation with us.
    Hugs,
    Dorcas

    Ps) I have blog candy on my blog if you’d like to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now this is adorable.. I laughed out loud.. I love the sentiment. She is going to get a kick out of this. Dieting is so hard to do. Have a great weekend.. Thanks for joining us at MO's.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cute card! I love the sentiment and the simple, clean layout. Glad you shared it with us in Mo's Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous image, Carla...one that most of us can relate to so well! Great job with the colors and you've done a fantastic job with the sketch! And that bow just tops it off! Thanks for playing along with us this week at the Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a terrific card for your friend, Carla. Bet she'll appreciate it so much. I love how you colored the towel...so attention-grabbing! Thanks for playing with us at The Cafe, and I hope your nice weather continues. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love it - great image and perfect sentiment. Love how you mimicked the white tile too. Thanks for playing along at The Play Date Cafe.

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE this! The combination of design, image, and sentiment couldn't be more perfect! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Carla...I LOVE IT!! I start a new diet every week, it seems! Gorgeous colors...love the clean lines!! Thanks for joining us this week at Mo's! Pat Frank

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla