Monday, April 18, 2011

Color Me Creative Classroom Pastels Challenge

Good afternoon!  Hope you are having a great day!  I am here to share the card I made for the most recent Copic Coloring challenge on the Color Me Creative Classroom site, which this time was to color any image with Copic markers using only pastel colors.

Here is the inspiration photo:


My card is also for last Friday's Copic/Promarker Challenge (CBC0415) on The Outlawz site which was "grounding your image".  We were to add grounding beneath and behind our image colored with Copics. 

Here is my card:


I started with a card base of SU Certainly Celery and layered with Soft Sky. The pastel patterned paper is Basic Grey Kioshi.  The image is Bella Carrying the Cake from Mo's Digital Pencil.  It's printed onto Cryogen White Iridescent and colored with Copic markers in lots of pastel colors.  I highlighted the cake with Spica pens.  I added in "grass" under her feet and pale blue shading around the image to ground it.  The sentiment is from Gina K. Designs Spring Mix set.  A button and an embellished bow finished my card.

Thanks for stopping by!  I truly appreciate when you visit!  Have a great evening!
Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. This is priceless, love the color, layout and that cute image!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Carla! Beautiful colouring, papers and embellishments, take careX:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my word Carla this is over the top gorgeous!!! Your coloring is totally fabulous and I love the dp with this image... it's perfection!!!! I am in need of some fun stamping therapy! Maybe tomorrow but I'm not sure about that! :( You rocked this one! I didn't know about this challenge either so thanks for the heads up! LOVE the colors!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla