Tuesday, April 12, 2011

April Sketch For You To Try

Good morning!  I hope your day is off to a great start!  It's a beautiful spring day so far here in NC! I'm looking forward to getting out a little later to enjoy it.  First, I have a card to share that I made for the April Sketch For You To Try (SFYTT) on Jen Del Muro's blog

Here is this month's sketch:


My card is also for today's Teapot Tuesday Challenge (MMTPT141) on Splitcoast Stampers. 

Here is the cute inspiration teapot for this week:


This week the Destination Station is a gentleman named Tom in Colorado who has Down's Syndrome. He's 62 and for the last 11 years, he has been cared for by the daughter and son-in-law of fellow teapotter, Marilynn (APandi).   You can read more about Tom here.  Tom loves to receive mail!!  He also loves guitars and cars!  Hopefully Tom will enjoy all the cards he will receive from the teapotters!

Here is my card for both challenges:


I started with a card base of SU Basic Black and Layered with Papertrey Aqua Mist.  The patterned papers are from the Basic Grey Oliver and Olivia 6x6 pads.  The quitar image and sentiment are digis from a Squigglefly called You Rock!.  I colored the guitar with Copics and highlighted with Spica pens.  I added Glossy Accents to the white part of the guitar to make it shiny. Three silver pearls finished off my card.

Thanks for stopping by!  Enjoy your day!  Hope to see you again soon!
Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. First, that's the sketch I lost lol, thatnks for reminding me......your card is absolutely gorgeous!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carla I just love your creations and this is definitely one of them! Great colors and great design.
    Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carla. Wonderful creation. The guitar is awesome and I love the colors you used. The sketch is a really nice sketch. Glad you finally interduced yourself at the copic forum. I become a follower.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very wonderful! and it does 'rock' too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this, Carla!! Fantastic image for the teapot inspiration. I still can't believe that's actually a teapot!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla