Sunday, January 19, 2014

My Craft Room Redo

Hi there!  Happy Sunday!  Hope you've had a great weekend!  I don't have a card for you today.  Instead, I thought I would share a few photos of my freshly-painted and reorganized craft room. It's not entirely done, but I snapped a few pics while it is still relatively neat.  I am really lucky to have a whole spare bedroom to craft in.

I'll warn you ahead that the rest is very photo intensive.

OK, first thing inside the door is a rolling cart with punches, glitter, embossing powders and other miscellaneous stuff in it. Next to that, I stacked 4 Recollections 4-Drawer Storage Cubes which hold all my 12x12 paper.


Next is the one furniture piece I saved from before.  I couldn't part with this armoire because it offered great closed-in storage.  I put a Recollections 6-Cube Storage Unit inside with some Martha Stewart fabric drawers (from Home Depot) to keep miscellaneous stuff out of sight.  Hubby attached spice racks to the back of each door where I now store reinkers, Glimmer Mists, spray adhesives and a few other things. There are narrow shelves above, and drawers below, the center part you can see in the photo.



Next up is my sewing and beading corner.  I got this great Martha Stewart Kid's Craft Desk for that.  This, and the other Martha Stewart Craft Furniture you'll see, all came from Home Decorators Catalog. They had a great sale and free shipping over the holidays.


Now we'll move into the closet.  There was already shelving along both walls.  I use some of the shelves for storing my cling-foam stamps and my metal dies in plastic boxes with EZ Mount or EZ Magnetic Sheets.



I purchased three Wall Ribbon Holders from Go-Organize.com and mounted them on the closet wall.  I am going to make it work, but personally, I would not recommend these.  The dowels that came with them were too wide to fit through most of my ribbon spools, so I had to go out and buy narrower wooden dowels and paint them.  At least it's a better ribbon storage solution than the gutters I used to have under my desk!


Here is how I am storing my 6x6 and 8x8 paper pads.  I picked up some desktop file dividers from Office Max to help them stand up. Yes, I have a few pads - lol!  I labeled them on the outside and organized them by company as best as possible.


Still in the closet, I have two shelves with paper punches and various embellishments in plastic containers.  I forgot to take a picture, but I also have one shelf with all my buttons organized by color in glass apothecary jars from Hobby Lobby.


Moving back into the room, I have two Recollections Open Cubes.  I put one plastic bin of ribbon scraps and another with stickers and other embellishments into the cubes.  I have a small set of drawers on top with most of my decorative brads in them.


This is the first of two Martha Stewart File Consoles.  I keep all of my 8 1/2 x 11 cardstock in them.  They are mainly organized by color and company.  I have one drawer for the lightweight cardstock I prefer for my Cameo. I keep my paper trimmer and Scor-Pals here.


Next is my main desk where I color and assemble my cards.  I have Studio 3 Color Cubbies to store my Copics, refills and other markers.  I keep my liquid adhesives on the shelf right above me.  I've got lots of good Ott Lighting here.


I put together another Recollections 6-Cube Storage Unit with Martha Stewart fabric drawers.  These hold all my flowers, separated by company and/or type.


I have another Martha Stewart Craft Desk where I keep my Cuttlebug and Grand Caliber out. All my Stickles, Liquid Pearls and other things I use all the time are in the hutch in the back.  I have some more files and a bin of ribbon (bagged by color) under the desk.  Oh, and I have an ink pad holder down on the floor to the right.  I haven't decided where to put it yet. 


The last stop is my second Martha Stewart File Console with more cardstock and some specialty papers in it. I leave my light tent set up here. I use two Ott lights with it.


Well, that's it! It's taken a lot of work to organize the space and make it more functional.  I had to do a lot of much-needed purging and that is always hard.  Now I can get back to my crafting, which was the point of the whole exercise!

I hope you you enjoyed the little tour.  Have a great day and see you soon!
Photobucket

25 comments:

  1. Thanks for the great tour, Carla,,,, you have a wonderful room where it must be fine creating your beautiful cards!
    Xxx Margreet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carla, this is wonderful, I'm so glad you have such a great creative space!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been waiting to see your room. It is looking great. So neat and organized. Just makes you want to make cards all day long, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. A really well organised craftroom Carla, love it!

    Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Carla, love the warm golden color you used on the walls, looks lovely with your white furniture. Looks like you have everything organized so wonderfully, doesn't that feel good? Loved looking at your room, thanks for sharing.
    hugs....

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a fab room!! You really have it all organised! I love your MS furniture...perfect!
    Have fun creating in your newly finished room!!
    Hugs
    Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow what a fantastic crafty space you have... love those 12 x 12 paper holders...I need some of those.....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, this is a fabulous crafting space, Carla! Great organization.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, what a lovely, crafter's dream space! I've got that on our to do list too, but it's behind 2 bathroom updates so a little bit into the future still. Kudo's to the hubby too for the paint job (love that soft, buttery yellow!) and the clever spice rack use...I think I'm going to have to borrow that idea ;-)

    Grats!
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMGoodness, you are so organized! What a fabulous way to start off the New Year! Love your entire room! Wish mine was big enough for so many pieces, but I am just grateful to have a room of my own for crafting, lol! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your space and just look at all that wonderful paper! No wonder your cards always have such gorgeous papers that make my mouth water. You are so organized and ready to go.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous craft room! I love how you organized everything. :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Carla, your room is wonderful and fresh and so well organized! I can tell you really spent some time and thought on this! Well done! Hugz!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your craft room is fantastic!!!!! I need to just clean mine then maybe start organizing..........you are such an inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You will be so thrilled when it is all complete! It looks super!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow!! I have to admit to being a tad envious, both of this fantastic room and your crazy good organising skills!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Drooling on the floor.... ok I'll get up now... lucky girlie!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love what you have done and I now my room will never look like yours... Awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your room is looking very organized, nice work Carla, I really need to do mine too, now if there were just more hours in the day LOL
    Hugs Julie P

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh wow thanks for letting us into the heart of your creative space. Its a power house of crafty organisation.
    Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh my goodness Carla!!! What a gorgeous space.... so organized and so many great pieces of furniture and cubbies to help! I'm always trying to just make do and it's a hodge podge! Thanks for letting us have a peek at the space behind the talent!!! Where did you get your light box? I'm looking for one.

    Hope all is well with you!
    hugs,
    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  23. I know it feels awesome to work in there with everything all organized! Love your armoire ....and I agree with you on the ribbon organizer...plus it's awkward if a roll in the center ends LOL
    Hugs
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Carla...your room looks fantastic and sooooo organized. I am so impressed..it must feel amazing to have it done. Your coloring skills are amazing by the way. I hope we can reconnect ...I really enjoyed taking with you at Stamp TV when I started this great hobby! When you make a Birthday card...please link it up with us over at Seize the Birthday...your talent...needs to be shared! Here is a link...take care...
    http://seizethebirthday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla