Saturday, January 25, 2014

Elisabeth Bell's World January/February Challenge

It's me again!  I promise this is the last post from me today. It rarely happens that so many things come at once.  If you are looking for my Sketch Saturday or Super Saturday posts, please scroll down one or two posts.  Anyway, I am here with my card for the new Elisabeth Bell's World Challenge.  I get to play along again as part of the GDT this term.  The theme this month is "white on white with a pop of red".  You can use any Elisabeth Bell image to enter.

Here is my card:


Those who know me know that, although very simple, this was hard for me!  I am rarely without my beloved patterned papers!  Using so much white scares me - lol!  Anyway, you can see that I've layered up diecuts from the Spellbinders Majestic Labels Twenty-Five set.  I popped some of the layers up on foam tape for added dimension.  The sweet image is Little Mama from Elisabeth Bell's Digital Collection.   She is printed on Hammermill Color Copy Digital 100 lb. Coverstock (I'm trying a new coloring cardstock) and colored with my Copics.  I added red Stickles to her jewelry and Ice White Pearl Pen accents to the strand of pearls on the ground.   The only embellishment I added was the red satin bow.

Here is a close-up of the image:


Thanks for stopping by!  Be sure to visit the Elisabeth Bell's World Challenge blog and feast your eyes on the gorgeous creations from the Digi Bells and my co-GDT, Linda!  We hope you will play along!

I am entering my card in the following challenges:
Papertake Weekly (use a bow and a die)
Crafting For All Seasons #69 (for the girls)

Enjoy the rest of your weekend and see you soon!
Photobucket

21 comments:

  1. So pretty and elegant. Love the all white with touches of red.
    Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oops-a do-over

    Oh, I love your white card and that red really pops. That's a darling image and pretty die cuts, too.



    ReplyDelete
  4. So out of your comfort zone Carla, but it is so elegant....beautiful coloring...enjoy your weekend!
    xxx Margreet

    ReplyDelete
  5. Girl you need to use white more often, you aced this, it's gorgeous and so elegant!!!!!
    Love the pop of red in the bow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whew! So many posts today that you must be exhausted, lol! :^)
    This is so gorgeous! I love w/w designs, especially with a tiny pop of color! You created a fabulous piece--wonderful die cuts to go with your beautifully-colored image! Love that fantastic bow! It is the perfect finishing piece! :^)
    Hugs, Penny
    Now go rest for a few!!! :^)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know you like your patterned papers, but you did an outstanding job with your white on white. This card is stunning. The dies really help to jazz it up also. So, fear not, it doens't look so CAS. Enjoy your weekend, Carla.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow this is simply gorgeous Carla!!
    XXX Heidy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome card Carla. Absolutely beautiful. Love the dies you have used and love your beautiful coloring. Beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is stunning Carla, beautifully done
    Hugs julie P

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is gorgeous Carla, I love this little image she is adorable and you have coloured it beautifully.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. You want to be my Valentine hooooney! Beautiful card with an oh so cute image.
    Sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card Carla, love the image and gorgeous design.

    Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Big gasp, Carla! This is stunning! I love seeing your creations.....you inspire me in so many ways!! Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love those die cuts and your coloring is fabulous

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  16. It may scare you but it looks fabulous! Great WOW with those pretty layers and fantastic colouring of that little cutie - she really pops!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very lovely, very stylish. Thanks for playing with us over at PTW last week, a new sketchy challenge is up by now.
    Love n hugs
    Marie, G-dt

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fabulous Carla. Your lovely colourwork really pops out against the background and your use of the dies is beautiful - I'm tempted to buy them now! Hugs, Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  19. My goodness Carla. This is beautiful. I love the red with all the white and wow those dies are just wonderful. Hugz, joann

    ReplyDelete
  20. Pretty Card Looks so sweet.
    Thank you for joining us at Crafting for all Seasons.
    Hugs Elfie

    ReplyDelete
  21. You have made such a pritty card! Thank you for joining us at Crafting for all Seasons. xx Bianca

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla