Friday, January 31, 2014

Alcohol Markers Challenge - The Outlawz

Good morning!  Happy Friday!  Hope you've had a good week and you have fun plans for the weekend!  It's been quite a trying week here with the weird winter storm, but slowly things are getting back to normal.  Next week they are calling for about 5 days of rain, but at least it won't be so cold.  Anyway, I am here to share my DT card for this week's Alcohol Markers Challenge at The Outlawz site.  Since it's the last week of the month, the theme is the ever-popular "anything goes", with the option to make it a Christmas creation.  Just remember you must have coloring with alcohol markers (any brand) on your project.

Here is my card:


My card base and mats are SU Soft Sky and the patterned papers are from the Kaisercraft Enchanted Garden 6.5x6.5 pad.  The gorgeous image is Woman with Gardenia and Pearls by Mitzi Sato-Wiuff from her AuroraWings Etsy shop.  I printed it on MiC Blending Card and colored it with my Copics.  I added lots of Ice White Pearl Pen accents to the pearls.  The only embellishments were a double-loop satin bow and a shimmery pearl button.

Here is a close-up of the colored image:


Thanks for stopping by!  Be sure to visit the Alcohol Markers Challenge thread and check out the wonderful creations from my teammies, Dawn, Penny and Linda!  We hope you will play along!  It's your last chance to be in the running for the awesome prize Mitzi has offered our winner.  One randomly-selected participant will win a $10 GC to spend on digis in Mitzi's AuroraWings Etsy shop.


I am entering my card in the following challenges:
Through the Craftroom Door Challenge (anything goes)
Party Time Tuesdays #157 (anything goes)
Cute Card Thursday #306 (something new; I used a new digi I just purchased)

Have a great day and see you soon!
Photobucket

18 comments:

  1. Shut the front door, Carla this is one of your bestest best!!!!!!!! (don't ya love that English LOL)! It really is gorgeous, and the pearls just make it pop!!!!! Your coloring always blows my mind but girl, you out did your self!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely beautiful, Carla. I love the image and those pearls/pearl accents are fabulous. The coloring is superb.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to say you have out done yourself this time! This is just stunning. I love the colors and all the pearls! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful! Gorgeous colouring and the pearls look lovely.
    Rebecca.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Carla the pearls and coloring are stunning.

    Hugs diane

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous Carla. I love all the pearls and your beautiful coloring. Great colors and always a great design.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so very striking Carla! Fabulous colouring on that gorgeous image and I really love those added pearl drops, so pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Carla, hope you all are doing good with the weather, heard them talking about Birmingham. We were lucky, about an inch or two with it melting the next day on our streets. My kind of snow storm.
    Your card is stunning, what a great image and your coloring....fabulous.
    I tell you what I will show you what I know about the Cameo if you will teach me how to color just a smidgen of how well you do. Wish we could get together, miss you.
    I think Linda is coming down again this year. Wish we could all get together.
    hugs....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning!! Wow!! love it and so creative with the added pearls!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card Carla, love everything about it, I love Mitzi's images too, love Carole Lockhart Stuart. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Carla, that image is gorgeous and love all the pearls!

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW!!! my friend this is so stunning. Lots of inspirations and so creative. Fantastic hair and love the colors and your coloring is spectacular!
    Hugs, Pat

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely elegant Carla! The image is beautiful and your coloring has really made it stunning. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Carla, this is just exquisite! You colored her so beautifully, and I really love the added pearl pen! Great design and color palette, too! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow Carla this is simply stunning. So beautifully colored and designed. The pearls tie everything perfectly.
    :)S

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is a very sweet card : ) Thanks for playing along with us at Party Time Tuesday's!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Another beautiful creation....Hugz, joann

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla