Friday, January 17, 2014

Alcohol Markers Challenge - The Outlawz

Good morning!  Happy Friday!  Hope you've had a great week and you have fun plans for the upcoming weekend!  I hope to finish up my craft room and then strive to keep it neat and organized!  I know hubby will be thrilled once his part of the "project" is done!  Anyway, I am here with the first of two posts today to share my DT card for this week's Alcohol Markers Challenge at The Outlawz site.  The theme this week is another color inspiration.  We've been enjoying adding in one of these here and there.  Please know that the color palette shown is just a guide.  You do not have to match every color exactly.  We just want to see the general color scheme on your project.  You must have some coloring with alcohol markers (any brand) to enter.

Here is the color inspiration:


Here is my take on it:


My card base is SU Not Quite Navy and the solid patterned papers are from the Authentique Winter and Basic Grey What's Up 6x6 pads.  The gorgeous image is Icy Snow Queen by Mitzi Sato-Wiuff of AuroraWings. Mitzi is our sponsor this month and she shared one of her beautiful images with each of the DT members to use for the challenges.  This is the one I chose.  I printed her on MiC Blending Card and colored her with my Copics in the inspiration color palette.  For embellishments, I only added the icy bling corners. I added Icicle Stickles to finish my card.

Here is a close-up of the colored image:


Thanks for stopping by!  Be sure to visit the Alcohol Markers Challenge and check out the fabulous creations from the rest of the DT!  We hope you will find time to play along this week!  One lucky participant in our January challenges will win a $10 GC toward the purchase of digis of their choice from Mitzi's AuroraWings Etsy shop.  You'll definitely want to be in the running for this fantastic prize!


I am entering my card in the following challenges:
Craft Your Passion Challenge #196 (cool colors)
Papertake Weekly (new stash; my digi is new)
Stamps by AuroraWings January Facebook Challenge (your favorite colors; these are mine)

Have a great day and I will be back a little later with my GDT card for The Digi Bells blog hop! Hope to see you again then.
Photobucket

10 comments:

  1. Wow! What an outstanding image and card, Carla. I love the Icy Snow Queen and your pretty icy bling in the corners. LOVE this card.
    Have fun finishing up your craft room this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an amazing card, Carla! Fantastic !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carla, you did a stellar job on this image! She is exquisite! Love the simple design, making her the star; the added corner bling is just the right finishing touch. I really, really "heart" this one! :^)
    Hugs, Penny
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness what an exquisite image. She's beautiful Carla. You created a great frosty feel to the whole card. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Carla, I haven't been visiting lately, so I came over to see all this goodness that I've missed and boy...have I missed a lot!!! This one is particularly stunning!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is simply stunning Carla! Not only the gorgeous image but what you have created with it. The colours palette lends itself perfectly to the icy feel and the jewels are the absolute perfect touch. I love it! :)S

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW........I nearly missed this one, I would have been gutted to miss this sweetie. This is absolutely gorgeous I sooooooooo love these colours & that fabulous image.

    Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is stunning.The icy cool colours compliment the image perfectly and the touches of sparkle add to the frosty feel.The bling corners are a great addition. Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion.Hope to see you again next week :D
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, you picked a really gorgeous image and coloured her up so beautifully! A true Ice Queen, especially with her icy bling - just stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning, The image really pops and looks very icy. I love the simplicity of this and the added bling corners are beautiful x Thankyou for joining us over at CYP :) x
    Little Pear Tree

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla