Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Happy Australia Day!

Hi there!  Happy Wednesday!  Did you think I got lost in my nice clean craft room?  I didn't. It's just been a really busy week and I haven't had time to do much crafting. I have a few DT posts coming up over the next few days, so I'll be around a lot more.  Anyway, I'm popping in really quickly to share a card I made for the Australia Day Contest on the Make it Crafty Facebook page.  I know.  I'm not Australian, but I do have the awesome Australia Outback Collection from Make it Crafty so how could I resist the challenge?  The only requirement was to create something that screams Australia!  I hope my card does!

Here it what I came up with:


There isn't much here except my scene.  The card base and mats are SU Ruby Red and the checked paper is from one of my My Mind's Eye 6x6 pads, but I can't remember which one.  I created the Australia scene with several elements from the Australia Outback Digi Collection.  I was super lucky to have won the whole collection when it debuted!  For my scene, I used Ayers Rock Outback, Eucalyptus Tree, Kangaroo and Joey, Kookabura, Echidna and Aussie Outback Sheila.  I merged the images and printed the merged image on MiC Blending Card.  I colored everything with my Copics.  The sentiment is computer-generated.  I didn't want to take away from the scene, so a few rustic gems finished my card.

Here is a close-up of the colored image:


Copic colors:
Sheila:
Skin: E50, E51, E21, E11, E13, R20
Hair: E35, YR23, YR27, R59
Clothes: BG70, BG72, BG75, BG78, R22, R35, R37, R46, R59, E31, E34, E57, E59
Ayers Rock: E11, E13, E15, E18
Ground: E41, E42, E43, E44
Ground Foliage: G21, G94, G99, YG97
Tree: E42, E43, E44, E47, G40, G43, G46, YG67
Kangaroo: E31, E33, E35, E37
Echidna: E41, E43, E47m E49
Kookabura: BG 72, BG75, E42, E44, E47

Thanks for stopping by!  I'll be back in the morning with my Little Miss Muffet DT post.

Have a great evening!
Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. Gorgeous coloring and it definitely screams Australia! Awesome card.

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabby coloring Carla! The clouds really look amazing. I'd say you captured the Aussie feel well. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow this is awesome Carla!!
    XXX Heidy

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oops--a do-over

    What a great card for the upcoming Australia Day. You do so well merging images. Nice card for the Aussie challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. To think that I would have been to Ayres Rock a some point in our vacation and now can't. Me sad :(...either way this is too cute. I made something too, just have to get it photographed! Cheers Mate S

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is lovely Carla...The scene is just perfect...Hugz, joann

    ReplyDelete
  8. It definitely screams Australia, lol! I love it! The scene is fantastic and your coloring is fabulous! Great card! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla