Friday, January 3, 2014

Alcohol Markers Challenge - The Outlawz

Good morning!  Happy Friday!  Hope your new year is off to a great start!  Here we are at the end of the first week already!  My thoughts are with all of my many family and friends in the Northeast.  I hope everyone stays in and stays safe from the huge Winter storm.  What a way to start the year!  Anyway, I am here with my DT card for this week's Alcohol Markers Challenge at The Outlawz site.  The theme this week is " something new".  This can be new beginning, new baby, new home, new crafty toys, anything new.  Just remember you must have coloring with alcohol markers (any brand) on your project.

Here is my card:


I went with a new Mom theme for someone I know who just found out she is pregnant.  My card base and mats are SU Pool Party and the patterned papers are from the Echo Park Bundle of Joy Girl 6x6 pad.  The cute image is Ice Cream & Pickles by Saturated Canary for Little Darling Rubber Stamps.  I stamped her on MiC Blending Card and colored her with my Copics.  The sentiment is from Create With TLC.  A few safety pin brads from my stash finished my card.

Here is a close-up of the colored image:


Thanks for stopping by!  Be sure to visit the Alcohol Markers Challenge and check out the fabulous "new" creations from the rest of the DT!  We hope you will play along!  We have a wonderful new sponsor for the month of January.  Mitzi Sato-Wiuff of Aurora Wings is offering a prize of $10 toward digis from her fabulous Etsy shop.   Check out her gorgeous designs here.


I am entering my card in the following challenges:
Sketch N Stash #129 (sketch)
Twisted Tuesday #66 (challenge: new craft thing (mine is the new stamp); twist: new beginnings)
Craft Your Passion Challenge #194 (something new)
Sentimental Sundays #187 (one of the DT's fave challenges; I chose #140-celebrating the new)
Craft Mojo January Challenge (all things new)
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge (something new)
Crafty Little Fairies (starting over)
A Creative Romance (something new)

Here is the SNSS:

Have a great day and see you soon!
Photobucket

31 comments:

  1. Stunning colouring and I love the little safety pins.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carla, gorgeous colouring, and card. I love the image you have used.
    Thank you for joining us at Craft Mojo.
    Sally. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. another beauty, love how you colored her hair!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your coloring on this one is stunning! Just the right shading and highlights! Love all the elements you added as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this! What a wonderful take on the theme. You've colored her beautifully and her hair just shines! Those pins are the perfect embellishment and perfect touch. :)S

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just stunning colouring! I love this image - I received a card using this image when I was pregnant and it just makes me smile! Fabulous choice of papers too. Thank you for sharing this with over at Crafty Little Fairies. Hugs, Jayne x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous coloring as always and I love the matching papers and the safety pins!
    xxx Margreet

    ReplyDelete
  8. Carla, this is so darling! I love the fun DP & cute brads you used! And that image & sentiment are perfect together! Of course, your coloring is just fantastic! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  9. Carla, this is just adorable and perfect for a new mom to be!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Omg! I am not a fan of leaving light patches on hair. Mostly because I just cannot get it right to save my life but boy you have done it sooooo well! Love the hair it has been coloured so well it's unreal!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card Carla. This image is so beautifully colored. Love this card and your beautiful creation.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card Carla, love the very cute image and pretty design.

    Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very nice card. Your coloring of the hair is just perfection. Thanks for playing with us at Twisted Tuesday Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just gorgeous! Such a perfect image for an expectant mother and beautifully coloured. Love those safety pin brads too :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Adorable card with amazing coloring and I just love the diaper pins you've used!

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, this is one cute image and so beautifully colored Carla. I love the pickle on top of the ice cream....lol At first look I thought those safety pins were the real thing like we used back in the early 60's. A truly fantastic card and design. Great take on that sketch. Sending love and hugs for 2014. Carol

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh isn't she just glowing, I didn't glow when I was expecting, lol! Beautiful card Carla, love the colour of her hair!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the design and your coloring is awesome as usual...I adore those baby diaper pins also. Lovely...Hugz, joann

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is so adorable and beautifully done, Carla! Hope you have a blessed and Happy New Year!
    Hugz,
    Roxann

    ReplyDelete
  20. Adorable card! Super fab coloring!!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your card is fantastic. I like the image and the embellishments you used.
    Thanks for joining us at Craft your Passion.
    xxx Michelle (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I just love this card!!!
    Wonderful colours and take on sketch.
    Thank you for taking part at Sketch N Stash- challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful card, what adorable embellishments! Love your colouring.
    Rebecca.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Super cute! Love your colors and image! Thanks for joining us at Twisted Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  25. AW!! This is really sweet!! Love the diaper pin accents and coloring! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi sweetie this is soooooooooo gorgeous, I adore the colours & of course the image.
    Thank you also for playing along with us at CLF, good luck & hope to see you again.

    Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Such a beautiful card, I love the image and gorgeous colours.
    Thank you for taking part in the Sketch 'n' Stash Challenge
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  28. A gorgeous card, thank you for sharing with us at ACR
    HUGZ Fleur xXx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla