Monday, January 27, 2014

Happy Balloon Day!

Hi again!  I didn't think I would be back today, but I managed to finish a card I was hoping to share for a couple of challenges.  It is for the Make it Crafty Facebook Sketch Challenge #5 and the Make it Colourful Challenge #5.  As usual, there was an easy and hard challenge for the Make it Colourful challenge.  I chose the easy one this time, which was to use blue and yellow for coloring.

Here is the sketch:


Here is my card:


I made a scalloped easel card using the sketch.  My card base and mats are SU Crushed Curry and the patterned paper is from the Cosmo Cricket Baby Jane 6x6 pad.  The fun image is Melissa's Balloon from Make it Crafty. I printed her on MiC Blending Card and colored her with my Copics.  I fussy cut her and popped her up on foam tape.  The sentiment is from Create With TLC.  Some dotted Crushed Curry ribbon finished my card.

Here is a close-up of the colored image:


Copics:
Skin: E50, E51, E21, E11, E13
Hair: E42, E44, E47
Dress and Shoes: BG000, BG10, BG11, BG13, BG49, Y11, Y13, Y15, Y18
Balloon Y11, Y13, Y15, Y18

Thanks for stopping by again!  I always appreciate your visits!
Photobucket

13 comments:

  1. I love her dress and her cheeks too, this card's amazing! The ribbon and the background perfectly compliments the image as well.

    Thank you so much for joining us this month at Make it Colourful. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your scalloped easel is so adorable, Carla. You did a great job with this little girl. Love your ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful coordination of colors, papers, shapes, and ribbon. The image just pops out from the easel. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, love the shape and that cute image!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous as always Carla!!
    XXX heidy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now what does this little lass have to be so pouty about - she is on a gorgeous card with very special balloons!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is beautiful Carla, so fresh and vibrant! Well done on combining the MIC challenges :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww, what a darling easel card! Love your choice of colors, your design, that cute image, and wonderful coloring! Nice use of the die cuts, too! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  9. aww this is awesome , thank you for joining us at Make It Crafty. Hugs Kaylou xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is too cute, Carla!! I love the scalloped easel !! :) :)
    Yellow w. mints/aquas/turquoise colors are my fave coolor combo!!
    Hope you have you have a great week!!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous colour combo and brilliant shape too. Love, love, love the papers and your fab colourwork. Hugs, Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is just lovely Carla. Have you changed your way of coloring? I love the face you are so talented. Beautiful....Hugz, joann

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hay Carla - this looks lovely and you've nailed the circle/easel card! Love the color combination and so cute to have the balloon outside the circle center. :D Thanks for playing along in the Make it Colourful challenge this month!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla