Friday, January 24, 2014

Alcohol Markers Challenge - The Outlawz

Good morning!  Happy Friday!  Hope you've had a great week and you have fun plans for the weekend!  It's been really cold for AL and it's supposed to continue over the weekend, so it will probably be an indoor weekend for me.  Before we get to that, I am here with my DT card for this week's Alcohol Marker Challenge at The Outlawz site.  The theme this week is "planes, trains and automobiles...".  We want to see any form of transportation on your project.  It can be anything you'd like, but please remember to show us coloring with alcohol markers (any brand) if you enter.

Here is my card:


A super simple card from me today.  My card base and mats are SU Groovy Guava and the patterned papers are from the Basic Grey What's Up 6x6 pad.  The adorable image is Up, Up and Away from Little Darlings Rubber Stamps!  I won it in a fabulous blog candy on Mindy's blog awhile back.  I think it was one of their original stamps!  I stamped her on MiC Blending Card and colored her with my Copics.  The sentiment is from Create With TLC.  The only other thing I added was a banner I cut using the Party Banner Metal Die from Little Miss Muffet Stamps.

Here is a close-up of the image:


Thanks for stopping by!  Be sure to visit the Alcohol Markers Challenge and check out the fantastic creations from the rest of the DT!  We hope you will play along!  Time is running out to get in the running for the fabulous prize for the month!  Mitzi, of AuroraWings is sponsoring our January challenges and she is offering our winner a $10 GC to purchase digis from her Etsy shop.  Her images are gorgeous!


I am entering my card in the following challenges:
Sunday Sketch and Stamp #190 (Carole's sketch)
Divas by Design (anything goes)

Here is the sketch:


Have a great day and see you soon!
Photobucket

12 comments:

  1. Love that cute banner with the different designs. Leap of faith is right! I don't suppose I would ever be brave enough for that mode of transporation. Ha Adorable card, Carla.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This the perfect card, Carla. When it comes to alcohol markers, you're definitely waaaay up there! And this card is no exception. Hope you are well and have a relaxing weekend.
    hugs, Asha - Sunny Summer Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just gorgeous and so fun. Beautifully coloured as always.
    Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh what a fab card!! such a wonderful image and you've coloured it beautifully! I love the gorgeous papers and bunting!
    Thanks for joining us at Divas by Design this week!
    Hugs Sue B xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is amazing! I love your coloring and such a sweet image!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a gorgeous card Carla. LOVE the colors. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. So much fun Carla - up, up and away!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Carla, your card is adorable. I have that stamp and forgot about it, hehe. Perfect paper and love the banner. We have it cold too, but we are in the negatives and with the windchill it's pretty nasty.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Terrific interpretation of the challenge, not to mention the perfect sentiment to go with the image. Sometimes your DP dictates how you will lay out your card because they can be so well suited and too perfect/beautiful to cover up with layers. Love it!
    Tootles, Sandra :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Carla what a wonderful card. I love these wonderful colors. the banner is beautiful. Hugz, joann

    ReplyDelete
  11. Another wonderful take on a sketch--and that DP is just the perfect bg for your darling image! Love the coloring, as always! And the sentiment is just perfect! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  12. So very cute! Great image, pretty colour scheme and the background paper is perfect - very clever :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla